Ok. Who is guilty of eating the cookie dough every time you make a batch of cookies? Ummm I am pretty guilty of that every time! The cookie dough is the best part! And you can usually tell if your cookie is going to be good by the cookie dough. And don’t even get me started with brown butter cookie dough.
The amazing thing about these bars is that they taste just like cookie dough! And they are egg-less. So they won’t make you sick. I think the eggs are substituted with one of my favorite ingredients. Sweetened condensed milk. Oh my. That just made these bars that much better. These bars are a great excuse for eating cookie dough and they don’t require any baking!
- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c. mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar until it is fluffy. This takes about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and bet until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and alternate the flour and the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. It will be sticky so lightly flour your hands if needed.
- Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- To make the topping, combine the peanut butter and ½ cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour and spread over the top of the chilled dough and chill at least for 1 hour until firm.