I love my slow cooker. If I could marry my slow cooker I would. Ok not really, but that is how much I love that thing. I use my slow cooker year round. It is perfect for busy days. I love throwing a meal in and letting it cook all day. Some of my favorite recipes on the blog are slow cooker recipes. And this one was definitely added to the list!
How perfect is the idea that you can cook your meal right inside a bell pepper? You get your own individual serving right inside a pepper. The meat is combined with rice, diced tomatoes, cheese and some amazing flavors and seasonings. It slow cooks all day and the pepper turns soft so that you can just eat the whole thing right up! The entire family gobbled this one down down and thought it was delicious. Well except for the picky eater. He ate the inside of the pepper. But hey its a start right? 🙂
- 6 Large Bell Peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked (any kind of rice will work)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1¼ cup shredded cheese, divided
- ¼ cup water (to put on the bottom of the slow cooker)
- Cut off each top of the peppers and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Combine ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Put water in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked throughout.
- About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining cheese and let it melt.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016