Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a simple blueberry muffin recipe for you all today!
We love muffins around here and this recipe is perfect for all those summer berries. They are quick to make and the glaze on top is delicious! The glaze makes them almost like a hybrid between a doughnut and a muffin. The glaze on these is just like what you find covering a doughnut and is great with the burst of berries and the sweetness of this muffin!
If you want to substitute in strawberries or raspberries for the blueberries that would work out great! I’m sure other berries would work – fresh or froze as long as you keep the same amount as indicated.
Hope you all enjoy 🙂
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup milk (I used 1%)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray or line a muffin tin and set aside.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, mash together 1 cup of blueberries and then stir into the batter. Stir in the remaining cup leaving them un-mashed. Stir in the milk.
- In another bowl, stir together the salt, baking powder, flour, and cinnamon.
- Combine wet and dry and stir until just combined (don't over-mix).
- Fill muffin tins ¾ths the way full and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- For the glaze, beat together all of the ingredients and spoon over the muffins (or dip the muffins in the glaze)
More delicious muffins from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.