This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These blueberry cookies are packed with plump blueberries, white chocolate, and zesty lemon for an irresistible flavor combination! Bright, juicy, and sweet, this is one summer cookie recipe you won’t want to miss.
With blueberries coming into season, showcase their amazing flavor with a few of my favorite recipes! From scones to cake, homemade syrup, banana bread and more, there are so many delicious ways to utilize this incredible berry. Find my full list of blueberry recipes here!
Lemon Blueberry Cookie Recipe
I am so excited that it’s blueberry season. This rich, juicy berry is one of my absolute favorites to bake with in the summer! And what better way to have them than packed into a buttery, golden brown cookie? These scrumptious blueberry cookies are also filled with white chocolate and lemon zest for a flavor experience your taste buds won’t forget! It’s the perfect combination of rich, zesty, and sweet.
I’m sure you all know by now that lemon blueberry is one of my favorite flavor combinations. It’s a match made in heaven! Lemon blueberry cupcakes and cheesecake bars are some of my all-time favorite desserts to make. Time to add these amazing blueberry cookies to the list! They’re bright, sweet, and juicy – everything you could want from a cookie as the temperatures warm up. Let’s get baking!
All Ingredients Needed
Blueberry white chocolate chip cookies use a lot of standard baking ingredients, most of which you’ll be able to find in your pantry! If you’re like me and stock up on blueberries once they come into season, this is a great way to use them! Find measurements for each ingredient below in the recipe card.
- Unsalted Butter: Adds a rich flavor and will make your blueberry cookies nice and moist. The more fat content your cookies have, the more soft and chewy they’ll be!
- Sugar: I used a mixture of brown and granulated sugar here for a more complex sweetness.
- Eggs: Needed to bind everything together and help your cookies take shape.
- Vanilla Extract: A little vanilla helps to flavor your entire batch of cookies.
- Lemon Zest: The bright flavor of lemon pairs so well with blueberry!
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour here. It has a low protein content so any baked goods you make with it will be nice and soft.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder: Both are needed in order for your cookies to rise properly.
- Salt: Enhances the flavor of your cookie dough.
- Blueberries: Opt for fresh blueberries if possible! Dried blueberries also work. I don’t recommend using frozen blueberries because the high liquid content will make your cookies soggy.
- White Chocolate Chips: White chocolate adds the best creaminess to these cookies!
How to Make the Best Blueberry Cookies
Honestly, blueberry white chocolate cookies are just as easy to make as prepackaged cookies. It takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish, and the result is insanely delicious! Let’s get started!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Cookie Sheets: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients and Fillings: Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined. Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips by hand.
- Shape and Bake: Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop cookie dough balls on the baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until the edges are just slightly browning.
- Cool and Serve: Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Tips and Tricks for Blueberry Cookies
These are a few easy ways to customize and perfect your blueberry white chocolate cookies! I know you’ll love them as much as I do!
- More Fillings: You can’t go wrong with more tasty fillings! For a heartier cookie, try adding rolled oats, slivered almonds, chopped pecans, or walnuts for a bit of nutty texture. Shaved coconut is also a great addition, perfect for summer!
- Switch Berries: You can swap out blueberries for fresh strawberries, raspberries, or even cherries for a yummy variation of this recipe! A mixed berry version of these cookies would be amazing as well!
- Underbake: I always like to pull my cookies out of the oven when the centers are still slightly soft. They’ll continue to cook for a couple minutes on the cooling rack. This ensures you don’t overbake them and they turn out soft and chewy every time!
Storing Leftover Blueberry Cookies
Now that you’ve made yourself a batch of these mouthwatering cookies, here’s how to store leftovers! If you have any, that is. It’s hard to stop at one with all of the amazing flavor that’s packed in each bite!
- At Room Temperature: Your blueberry cookies can be stored for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Note: For that just-baked effect, pop your leftover cookies in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until warm and gooey!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the blueberries and chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on the baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until the edges are just slightly browning.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.