A delicious spaghetti salad filled with fresh summer veggies and olives. Topped with a zesty italian dressing and parmesan cheese, this will be the hit of your next gathering!
It has been nothing but rain here in Utah for the past month! It has been crazy. I am grateful because we needed it but it is starting to get to be a little much. I look forward to the summer time with the hot sun out, and barbecues! The rain has put a damper on our summer barbecues. But luckily it came out on Memorial Day. Just so we could enjoy the day and have a family get together.
I made this spaghetti salad and it was amazing!
My favorite part of the spaghetti salad was all of the amazing veggies packed inside. It added so much texture, flavor and color to the pasta. And I especially loved the olives thought out. I could eat olives on my fingers for days. 🙂
I love using spaghetti in a pasta salad. It is amazing with all of the fresh veggies popping up throughout.
The zesty italian dressing on top is soooooooo good. It is perfect finishing touch to this pasta salad. It is easy to make and so incredible! I know that this California Spaghetti Salad will be a huge hit wherever it goes!
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Add cherry tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, green and red bell pepper, red onion and olives in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together italian salad dressing, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, paprika, celery seed, and garlic powder. Pour over salad and toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016