This homemade Italian dressing is the most delicious mixture of classic seasonings that will elevate any salad that you put it on. It has deep, complementing flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
Homemade dressings are so much more delicious than anything that you can buy from the store. Try out some of my other favorites like this ranch dressing, this delightful Thousand Island dressing or this exceptionally good lemon vinaigrette!
Italian Salad Dressing Recipe
Get ready for this Italian salad dressing to blow you away because it is so delicious! I always feel like when I buy dressings from the store, they are SO close to what I want them to be, but they are off just a little bit. Either the flavor isn’t strong enough, or the seasonings need a little extra something. Sometimes even the texture needs to be a little bit different.
But now that you have this recipe to make your own Italian dressing, you can make it perfect every single time. Making this at home is so easy and takes less than 5 minutes! Plus, you can formulate this to be exactly what you want it to be! Sometimes I add a little more garlic, sometimes it’s more oregano, or sometimes, I just want it a tiny bit sweeter, so I add in a pinch of sugar. This dressing is SO good though… You won’t need to tweak a thing!
Ingredients in Italian Dressing
This salad dressing has classic ingredients but also a few delightful surprises like a splash of lemon and a bit of honey. Use this on a delicious salad and it will be a match made in heaven. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Olive Oil: This acts as the base of the dressing.
- Red Wine Vinegar: I love the tangy flavor that this brings.
- Lemon Juice: I always like to use lemon juice from a fresh lemon, but I have used bottled lemon juice in a pinch when I had to! Just know that juice from a bottle will always be a little less potent.
- Sugar: I have also used honey, and it came out very similar in taste.
- Oregano: This is a classic Italian herb.
- Dried Basil: I always have dried herbs on hand, so that makes it easy to make this dressing all year long!
- Onion Powder: Adding in just a hint of onion brings some great flavor to the dressing.
- Garlic: We all know that I can’t resist some garlic! Use garlic powder or minced garlic.
- Salt and Pepper: These will enhance all of the other ingredients in this Italian salad dressing.
- Celery Salt: A secret ingredient that you MUST not skip! It’s delicious!
How Do You Make Homemade Italian Salad Dressing?
Homemade Italian dressing is so easy to make! This recipe is no exception. Once you see how delicious it turns out, you will never buy this at the store again!
- Combine: In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper, and celery salt.
- Whisk: Whisk it together until combined.
How to Store Leftovers
Storing homemade Italian salad dressing is easy! Once you have whisked it all together, then you will need to store it in an airtight jar and put it in your fridge. It will last about 7-10 days!
Easy Italian Dressing
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper, and celery salt.
- Whisk it together until combined.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.