I love a good salad. I eat salads all year long. I really wish they stayed popular throughout the year. I will have just have to take full advantage of January and post as many salads as I can! 🙂
The possibilities are endless with putting together a delicious salad. A lot of times you have to think outside of the box. This salad was incredible with all of the unique flavors combined. The oranges gave this salad a citrus burst and the pomegranates throughout added a fun and delicious texture. This salad dressing was wonderful and unique. It added a splash of zest to this salad that was so delicious with your first bite! If you are looking for an amazing salad that is fresh and full of delicious and unique flavor than this salad is for you!
Recipe inspired by Brooklyn Supper
Orange Pomegranate Salad with a Zesty Orange Buttermilk Dressing
A delicious salad made with fresh oranges an pomegranate and topped with feta cheese and an amazing dressing!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 oranges sliced
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1/2 shallot sliced paper thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves chopped plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
To make the salad dressing:
- Whisk together the olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, buttermilk, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the chopped romaine. Add the dressing and toss to coat. On a large platter spread the romaine lettuce. Tuck the orange slices throughout the salad. Top with shallots, pomegranates, rosemary sprigs, feta and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.