Hey Recipe Critic Readers!! It’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner, how is everyone? It’s September, yay!!! I love this time of the year. I can’t wait to start making pumpkin recipes, soups and lots of comfort food. For now, I have a really easy and super tasty breakfast recipe.
This was a clean out the fridge breakfast that turned out to be AMAZING and something that I would eat over and over again. I had spinach leftover from this Easy Weeknight Bowtie Pasta, salsa leftover from this Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken, tortillas leftover from these Chicken Enchiladas and a little sausage leftover from biscuits and gravy. I hate wasting food, so I try to find up ways to use up every last thing. Stuffing everything inside a tortilla is the perfect way to use up all those ingredients.
Baked taquitos are my FAVORITE. There is no reason to fry a taquito ever again, okay!! They get plenty crispy by baking them and they are so much healthier that way. These breakfast taquitos were fantastic.
- ½ Lb. sausage
- 2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- ⅓ c. diced green bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbl. crumbled Feta cheese
- ½ c. shredded cheese, any flavor (Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Monterey, etc. . . )
- ½ c. salsa, plus more for serving
- 7 medium tortillas, corn or flour
- cooking spray
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. When sausage is almost cooked through, add the chopped spinach and bell pepper and saute for a few minutes. Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk and add to skillet. Stir occasionally until eggs are just barely cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the Feta cheese.
- Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds or until pliable. Divide filling between tortillas. Top each with a little shredded cheese and salsa. Roll up tightly and place, seam-side down, on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil (this makes for a much easier clean up). Spray tops of taquitos lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy. Serve with extra salsa for dipping. Makes 7 taquitos.
You might also like these delicious recipes from: Eat Cake For Dinner
Stay Connected with Eat Cake For Dinner
Latest posts by Jenn (see all)
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Bread with Cream Cheese Icing - January 9, 2017
- Cherry Almond Bread - December 6, 2016
- Perfect Soft and Buttery Rolls - November 4, 2016