Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Skewers are marinated in a delicious asian garlic sesame sauce and grilled to tender and juicy perfection!
Ok ok I admit that I have a bit of an obsession with asian foods. But this recipe was FANTASTIC! Anything that involves soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil is an instant favorite in my book. This recipe was simple to put together and the flavor is out of this world good.
I am pretty picky when it comes to steak. It has to be tender and melt in your mouth. I just can’t do the tough and chewy but it takes cooking the steak just right. Also buying a high quality steak helps too you just can’t over cook it. A tenderloin can be a little expensive but will get the best results. A chuck roast is a little less expensive but can tend to be a little tough and chewy I have found. A sirloin tip is a good balance between the two and will deliver amazing results and a great kabab.
They marinate for a few hours in a simple soy sauce garlic marinade. The marinade just seeps into the steak and gives it such amazing flavor. As soon as I had my first bite of the steak it became an instant favorite.
Tender, Juicy, and full of flavor. You guys are going to love these as much as we did!
- 1½ pounds top sirloin steak
- 1 red onion
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Cut steak into one inch cubes. Cut the red onion into large chunks and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, vegetable oil, sugar, ginger and sesame seeds. Add the steak and toss to coat in marinade. Marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Thread the meat and the red onion onto the skewers. Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to desired liking.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017