No more firing up the grill to enjoy juicy and tender steak. This flavorful flank steak comes together quickly after it is marinated and air-fried to perfection!
Believe it or not, the air fryer does an incredible job of cooking up things like this flank steak and making it taste worthy of your favorite steakhouse! Not to mention, it’s ready in half the time and only takes a quarter of the effort! You’ll have to try out my garlic steak bites and air fryer ribeye steak next time you’re craving a quick and hearty dinner.
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Flank Steak Recipe
I’m constantly amazed at the capabilities of my air fryer. I mean, not only does it cook up amazing snacks and appetizers, but it really kicks butt when it comes to things like fish, chicken, and steak. I thought I was a grilling purist until I tried cooking a steak in the air fryer. Don’t get me wrong, I still love a steak fresh off the grill, but using an air fryer is just sooo easy and turns out perfectly every time. You’ve got to give it a try! It will impress all of the steak lovers at your house.
This flank steak turns out perfectly tender and juicy in the air fryer. It’s marinated with the best flavor- perfectly savory with a hint of citrus and spice! Air fryer flank steak is an impressive meal that can turn a normal weeknight dinner into a special occasion. Plus, the cleanup is as easy as it gets so it’s a win all around! You can find more quick and easy air fryer recipes here!
Everything You Need to Make It
It only takes a few simple sauces and spices to make a flavorful flank steak in the air fryer! You’ll be a believer once you get a bite of this melt-in-your-mouth goodness. All measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
- Flank Steak: Flank steak is a lean cut of meat that comes from the belly of the cow. It has a delicious, rich flavor and is best served in thinly cut slices!
- Olive Oil: Helps all of the seasonings in the marinade stick.
- Lime and Orange Juice: The acidity in citrus juices help to tenderize and break down connective tissues.
- Soy Sauce: The perfect savory base for the marinade.
- Minced Garlic: For a punch of savory goodness.
- Spices: I used a blend of oregano, chili powder, and cumin for mouthwatering aromatics and warm spice!
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add an additional layer of flavor.
How to Make Flank Steak in the Air Fryer
It doesn’t get any easier than this! Air fryer flank steak sears up perfectly in minutes- with no mess!
- Place Steak in Bag: First, place the flank steak in a gallon-sized sealable bag and set it aside.
- Prepare Marinade: In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients listed and whisk until combined.
- Add Marinade to Bag: Pour the marinade into the bag with the flank steak. Seal tightly removing any excess air. Store in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 20 minutes or as long as overnight. The longer you can marinate the meat, the more flavorful and tender it will be. Turn the bag occasionally making sure it is marinating evenly on all sides.
- Drain: When you are ready to air fry the meat, drain the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Air Fry: Preheat the air fryer to 400° Farenheit. Add the steak to the preheated air fryer basket and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side only flipping once. Cook time depends on the thickness of your steak. Cook until the internal temperature reads 140-145° Fahrenheit or 130° Farhenheit for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and Enjoy: Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve.
Tips and Tricks
Making steak in the air fryer is a cinch! From how to get your desired doneness to quick and easy side dishes, here are a few tips to keep in mind as you make this tasty dish!
- Internal Temperatures: The best way to know your steak is done is to use a meat thermometer. Use the list below to achieve your desired result!
- Rare: 125 degrees F
- Medium-Rare: 130-135 degrees F
- Medium: 140-145 degrees F
- Medium-Well: 150 degrees F
- Well-Done: 160 degrees F
- Other Uses: Enjoy the beef as is, or serve it in tacos, burritos, nachos, steak fajitas, or salads.
- Quick and Easy Sides: You can’t go wrong with steak and potatoes! These instant pot mashed potatoes are ready in 10 minutes and have the best flavor. And if you’re wanting steakhouse-worthy veggies, I recommend steamed asparagus or green bean bundles!
How Long is Leftover Flank Steak Good For?
Leftovers can be stored for a few days in the fridge, and for months in the freezer! I love having flank steak slices on hand to use for salads, wraps, and rice bowls.
- In the Refrigerator: In an airtight container, cooked flank steak will last for 3-4 days.
- In the Freezer: Flank steak can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months for best results. Defrost for 24 hours in the fridge before reheating.
- Reheating: I like to reheat cooked steak at a low temperature to keep it from drying out. Warm steak for 20 minutes or until warmed through in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure internal temperatures reach 110 degrees F before serving.
Air Fryer Flank Steak
- 2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Place the flank steak In a gallon-sized sealable bag and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients listed and whisk until combined.
- Pour the marinade into the bag with the flank steak. Seal tightly removing any excess air. Store in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 20 minutes or as long as overnight. The longer you can marinate the meat, the more flavorful and tender it will be. Turn the bag occasionally making sure it is marinating evenly on all sides.
- When you are ready to air fry the meat, drain the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° Farenheit. Add the steak to the basket and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side only flipping once. Cook time depends on the thickness of your steak. Cook until the internal temperature reads 140-145° Fahrenheit or 130° Farhenheit for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Enjoy the meat as is, or serve in tacos, burritos, nachos, or salads.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.