Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites are tender morsels of steak perfection. Bite sized heaven in less than 15 minutes!
Air Frying steak is my new go to for heavenly flavor and texture. Like this Perfect Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter, these are going to be divine. Steak bites are just a simple incredible way to enjoy steak. For more recipes try Garlic Butter Herb Steak Bites with Potatoes and Creamy Garlic Steak Bites with Mushrooms.
Air Fryer Steak Bites
Air frying steak bites is hands down the best way to cook steak. There are so many perks to using the air fryer. For starters there’s less mess. When cooking steak on the stove you usually have to turn on the fan because it’s a bit of a huge smokey process. And the stove top (as well as yourself) is usually coated in a layer of grease splatter by the time you are done cooking. Plus as much as I love mine, using a cast iron skillet is heavy and not exactly fun to clean. Roasting these in the oven is always a bit of a gamble on whether or not you’ll get that charred outside before you dry them out on the inside.
But air frying is absolute culinary genius! The mess is contained within the air fryer. The clean up is easy. There is no lingering smoke to deal with at all. And the air fryer delivers exquisitely browned crispy outsides and tender, juicy, melt in your mouth insides. And it’s successful every single time! Plus it cooks in half the time. Have I convinced you try these yet? It is so yummy, so fast and super easy. Your family is going to love these steak bites!
Ingredients for Garlic Steak Bites
Super simple ingredients! Look for fresh bright red meat in the meat department. This means it is fresh. You also want good marbling. The better the marbling the better the flavor, and the more tender your bites will be. If you don’t have fresh herbs, use half the quantity in dry herbs.
- Steak: New York or Sirloin cut into cubes.
- Olive Oil: Just to coat the steak to help the seasoning stick.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste.
- Italian Seasoning: I love this combination of flavors.
- Garlic: Mince the garlic so it’ll stay on the steak.
Perfect Herb Butter Ingredients
- Butter: Melt the butter
- Thyme: Fresh
- Rosemary and Parsley: Freshly minced
Making Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites
This couldn’t be any easier, just mix and cook and steak is done if half the time of grilling. You’ll still achieve that beautiful charbroil on the outside with tender juicy steak on the inside.
- Combine: In a medium sized bowl add the steak bites, olive oil, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Add: Add to the basket of the air fryer
- Cook: Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Butter: Once cooked toss to coat with the garlic herb butter.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Steak Bites
You are going to absolutely love these steak bites. They are quick and all ready to eat. No need to cut up the kids steak while yours gets cold. It’s already done!
- Seasoning: This recipe is super versatile. Use your favorite steak rub or seasonings to liven it up.
- Marinade: Marinate the steak in my World’s Best Steak Marinade for intense flavor.
- Size: Cut the steak in equal sized pieces, I don’t like to go over an inch. They cook faster and it’s the perfect size for my family.
- Steak: You will want to use a good cut of beef. Look for steak that a nice balance of marbling throughout. It shouldn’t be riddled with fat, but shouldn’t be super lean either. The marbling will break down during the cooking process leaving the meat tender and juicy. New York, Sirloin or Rib Eye steaks are some of the best.
- Don’t over crowd: Because the air fryer uses circulating air to cook, you need to be sure you don’t overcrowd the steak. If you need to cook it in batches it’s okay. Steak is best if you let it rest for a bit before eating anyway. It allows the meat to absorb and redistribute the juices. YUM!
How do I know when my Steak is Done?
That all depends on how well done you enjoy your steak. Insert a thermometer into the biggest cut of steak to check the temperature. Remember steak will continue to cook for about a 1 or 2 once removed from the fryer.
- Rare:125 Fahrenheit
- Medium-rare:130 Fahrenheit
- Medium: 140 Fahrenheit
- Medium-well: 150 Fahrenheit
- Well-Done: 160 Fahrenheit
Variations and How to Use Steak Bites
This recipe is super easy to customize and having steak bites is a perfect way to make your beef go a little farther. Anyway you serve these it’s going to fantastic. My mouth is watering already! These are perfect for a low carb meal or even an appetizer. It’s a great way to eat steak, however you do it!
- As is: Of course these steak bites can stand on their own served up with some Incredible Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes.
- Homestyle: Over mashed potatoes with gravy. This is one of my favorite gravies.
- Asian Twist: Eliminate the Italian seasoning and butter and serve with rice and stir fried veggies for an amazing steak stir fry.
- Italian: Serve with pasta and your favorite sauce, whether it’s marinara or pesto or Alfredo.
- Mexican Kick: Swap out the Italian seasoning for Taco seasoning and make tacos, fajitas or enchiladas.
- Greek: Serve with warm pita bread, tzatziki sauce, hummus, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and feta.
- Salad: Serve on a bed of mixed greens with blue cheese crumbles, bacon and tomatoes with a drizzle of ranch for a killer salad.
- Sides: For easy sides during the last 5 minutes of cooking add sliced mushrooms, sliced zucchini, fresh asparagus or fresh beans to cook along with the steak for a quick all in one dinner!
More Air Frying Recipes to Try
These amazing recipes are guaranteed winners, whether you’re a novice or a pro at air frying, you need these recipes in your rotation. They are so easy, so delicious, and will help you get dinner on the table in no time!
- Perfect Air Fryer Salmon in 10 Min
- The Best Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- Amazing 10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites
- 1 pound New York steak or sirloin steak cut into one inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley minced
- In medium sized bowl add the steak bites, olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic. Add to the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Once cooked toss to coat with the garlic herb butter.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Overcooked and chewy. Can’t believe I ruined a NY. Would have had a good flavor though. Should have checked them earlier.
I made these last night and they were sooooooooooo good. I used top sirloin. As the steak bites were cooking in the air fryer, I melted butter, minced garlic, mushrooms, and onions on the cooktop which I drizzled over the steak bites when they were done. We ate some cauliflower rice with the steak bites. DELISH!!
This recipe is absolutely amazing!!!! It was so good and tender, I loved the flavor of all the spices combined!!!
What brand of air fryer and size are you using
I use a 6-quart air fryer. I love my air fryer from Sur la Table and Costco.
I notice all your AirFryer recipes use the basket type air fryer. I have an oven type air fryer, can I use that type and expect the same results? Also, where in the oven type air fryer should I cook these recipes? …… there is a top level (near the element and fan), a middle level and the bottom level.
Thank you for your help!
I work at an appliance store and we typically tell people the air fryer works best in the middle of the oven!
I’m in the same air fryer oven cook/recipes as you are, Barbara. From my numerous searches, and from what I’ve cooked, the middle rack is always recommended and I do also. I don’t flip or shake halfway through based upon my manual. I found there is no need to because of the top and bottom heating elements. I hope this helps others and saves some time searching. This recipe cooked perfectly and timing was spot on for medium rare. It’s on my Keeper List.
The air fryer is trending today in social media and steak is one of the most favorite foods at home that’s why I’m glad you’ve shared this recipe. An easy yet very delicious meal for the whole family. Thanks for sharing!
These taste amazing! I am glad I checked at 6 min because mine were already medium well. Next time I’ll cook for 4-5 min total.