Apple Pecan Crisp is so easy to make and the perfect fall dessert! Crisp and tender apples with crunchy pecans hidden throughout and a buttery cinnamon sugar crumb topping!
We had a big family get together last night and it was a blast. I sure do love summer and barbecues and family get togethers. We love that we live so close to the mountains and backyard is full of big pine trees and gambel oak. We roasted s’mores and it was so peaceful and beautiful. I just love Utah and the mountains!
Summer is quickly wrapping up and although it makes me sad, I look forward to so many things about fall. The crisp fall air and beautiful leaves and wearing sweaters and feeling cozy inside are just some of my favorite things. I love being able to turn on my oven again and make delicious fall desserts.
A warm apple crisp is just screaming fall and is the perfect dessert!
I have a classic apple crisp on my blog here. But with the addition of pecans to this recipe it took it to a whole different and delicious level!
This Apple Pecan Crisp became my new favorite!
I love being able to use fresh apples in this crisp. The cinnamon sugar mixture works its magic in the oven as it bakes and creates an amazing cinnamon sugar glaze over the apples as it bakes.
The buttery cinnamon sugar crumb topping is seriously out of this world.
You will not find a better apple crisp recipe I can promise you this. Not only is it the perfect recipe, the addition of pecans is the perfect finishing touch.
Ok ok. But lets be honest here. An apple crisp isn’t complete without a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. How it just melts into the warm apple crisp and adds a creamy texture to each bite. Wow. I am already craving more!
Don’t forget to make this recipe for a delicious fall dessert. You will not regret it!
- 6 Cups Granny Smith Apples, sliced
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Crisp Topping:
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger and ½ cup pecans. Add the apples and coat. Add the lemon juice and toss until coated. Spread apples evenly in the dish.
- To make the crumb topping: In a medium sized bowl mix flour, sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the bowl. Add the butter and using a pastry blender or fork mix until coarse crumbs form. Stir in ½ cup pecans. Sprinkle on top of apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are tender and top is lightly brown.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017