This is just one of those recipes that you know that you are going to love before you make it. I mean seriously. Have you baked with strawberries before? It is like pockets of jam inside each bite. And then the cheesecake in the middle? BAM! To top this muffin off it is crusted with cinnamon sugar. Double BAM! These muffins were perfectly moist and made the perfect breakfast…. or lunch… or possibly even a midnight snack. I may even be eating one right now! 🙂
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: Seriously I am obsessed with Costco strawberries. I love that they are coming into season and this makes the perfect muffin. I have already made these twice!
Recipe Adapted from Joans Food Wanderings
- Strawberry Cheesecake Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries cut into small pieces
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp beaten egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Streusel
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. If you don't use cupcake liners, make sure to grease the pan so they will come out easily.
- In a mixing bowl for the muffin batter, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the milk, oil, egg and sugar. Stir the dry ingredients in the milk mixture gently but do not overmix. The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- For the cheesecake mixture beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- For the topping, mix together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. With a fork blend in the butter until it looks like coarse sand.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the muffin batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Sprinkle a few pieces of strawberries and then add about ½ tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture. Sprinkle some of the streusel topping on the cheesecake filling, followed by another layer of the muffin batter. Add a few pieces of strawberries on the top and lastly sprinkle with the cinnamon streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool into the pan for 5 minutes and transfer them to a wire rack.