Quick and easy lemon brownies that are perfectly moist and chewy! The Lemon Glaze on top is the perfect finishing touch! It will be hard to stop at one!
First day of spring on Friday! Can I get a woot woot? I don’t know about you guys but I am loving the weather. Here in Utah the sun has been shining, and the weather has been amazing. I sat out on a blanket in the sun yesterday and soaked up the rays with my little babe. Give that girl some grapes, sun and a blanket and she is happy. We both were in heaven!
Let us celebrate spring with these Lemon Brownies. I am not going to admit to how many squares that I ate. But I wouldn’t have easily eaten the entire pan if I didn’t stop myself. But don’t worry. I left a tiny square for the hubby. 🙂
These lemon brownies are AMAZING!!! Like I can’t stop thinking about them, want to make another pan right now amazing. My hubby isn’t a lemon lover…. I know… gasp! But he LOVED that tiny little square that I left him! These lemon brownies are literally one of the best lemon treats that I have had!
My favorite part about these brownies is that they are so easy! Grab some lemons from the store and you probably have all of the ingredients on hand. They mix in no time at all and are ready to throw into the oven! But lets be honest. The glaze is probably my favorite part to these brownies. It is the perfect sweet lemon finishing touch. I know that you guys are going to love these brownies!
- ¾ C flour
- ¾ C sugar
- ¼ t salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice
- zest from ½ of a lemon
- Lemon Glaze:
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 T lemon juice
- zest from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy removal. In a large bowl or using a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix in the softened butter.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice and zest. Add the the large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the 8x8 inch prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest from the other half of the lemon. Pour over the top of the cooled lemon brownies.
Recipe from The Taylor House