Creamy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore has the most amazing creamy red sauce with peppers, mushrooms, and fresh basil. The chicken is tender and juicy and on the dinner table in 30 minutes!
I realized that it is getting pretty close to the babies arrival so we have been going full force trying to get everything ready to go. We have been finishing our basement which has been quite the project. We are only about 3 weeks away from having it completed and I can’t wait to have a fun space for the family once baby arrives. Right now we have both of our girls bedrooms next to each other but one of the rooms is used as a playroom. All of this will move to a playroom that we made in the basement and we will be able to put the babies room together. We are cutting it really close but that seems how life is! I ordered the babies furniture finally and I am starting to envision this sweet little girl that will be coming to our home. It is starting to feel more real!
We have been so busy with our basement and life in general that I love when I can make a delicious and easy recipe for the family. Chicken Cacciatore is one of my favorites. It is such a classic recipe with its red sauce with mushrooms, basil, and served over hot pasta. I customized the sauce to our families taste… bring on the creaminess, and it was a huge success!
You might be getting some quick and easy meals from here on out from the preggo Recipe Critic. But I still enjoy cooking for my family. But thats the thing! You don’t have to make it difficult to give your family a restaurant quality meal. And this meal is made in just one pot and on the dinner table in just 30 minutes!
Not only is this red sauce perfectly creamy, it has tender peppers, fresh basil, mushrooms and the perfect blend of spices. Add some tender and juicy pan fried chicken and serve it over some pasta and you have the perfect meal.
You guys are going to love this quick and easy skillet meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- 8 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- 15 ounce crushed tomatoes
- ¼ heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat to medium high. Cook the chicken about 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side. Set aside the chicken on the plate.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and add the garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté until tender. Add the crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, chicken broth, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer until thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet until heated through. Serve over hot pasta and garnish with fresh chopped basil and parmesan cheese if desired.