Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet is the BEST 20 minute meal packed with awesome cajun flavor with shrimp, sausage, and summer veggies. This makes a great low carb meal and is also great for meal prep!
Summertime and getting into a swimsuit reminds me that I have got baby weight to lose. Now that our sweet girl is six weeks old, I can focus on myself now. Working out and eating better to lose the extra pounds. I was a lot more careful with this last pregnancy gaining weight, so I don’t have a ton to lose. But I can’t wait to start feeling better about myself and fitting in my pre-pregnancy jeans again.
I love creating easy meals that are healthy and full of flavor. Since I don’t have a lot of time with a newborn, I love when I can create a meal that is ready in no time at all. This one just happens to be ready in about 20 minutes! This is a great family meal, but I actually used it for meal prep. It is delicious served over some brown rice, or quinoa and the cajun flavor is my favorite.
Shrimp and sausage go so well together! You can use pork or chicken sausage in this and I love how delicious it makes this meal. Cajun seasoning is one of my all time favorites and packs in delicious spices and a little bit of heat. It is perfect for adding flavor to this quick and easy meal.
I included my favorite summer veggies. Zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, and red bell pepper. It makes it a complete meal in one. This is the perfect flavorful meal and helps you stay on track. It is such a delicious and easy low carb option and I don’t get sick of eating it throughout the week!
If you are looking for a healthy and flavorful meal that is so incredibly easy, be sure to give this one a try!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14 ounce pork or chicken sausage, sliced
- 2 medium sized zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium sized yellow squash, sliced
- ½ bunch asparagus, sliced into thirds
- 2 red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- In a large bowl add the shrimp, sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, bell pepper and salt and pepper. Add olive oil and cajun seasoning and toss until coated.
- Add to a large skillet and turn to medium high. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately.