Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Veggie Skewers are loaded up with deliciously cajun seasoned shrimp, sausage, and veggies. These are so simple and ready in just minutes and packed with big bold flavor!
We love recipes with that bold cajun flavor at our house. Be sure to also try these recipes for Blackened Cajun Shrimp Tacos, Creamy Cajun Chicken Meatballs, or this One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta!
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Veggie Skewers
I love how with summer coming and warmer weather brings new life to our house. It seems that even with the end of school and busy end of year activities, the mood seems to change in our house. We are all a little happier being able to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, and it helps to pass the evenings before bedtime. Every nice day we have had you can guarantee we are outside having a BBQ. It is one of our favorite things to do.
I love grilling skewers or “kebabs” because you get all of the things you need on one of the skewers. Your protein and veggies get grilled at once and this was one of the fastest things that we have grilled.
How do you make cajun shrimp and sausage kebabs?
- Start by prepping you meat and veggies. Cut your zucchini and peppers into one inch cubes and slice your sausage. Add to a large bowl with the shrimp.
- Toss with olive oil and cajun seasoning, then thread your meat and veggies onto the skewers.
How long does it take to grill shrimp skewers?
These kebabs take only 1-2 minutes on each side. Once the shrimp is opaque and the veggies are tender, you remove them from the grill.
What sides are good to serve at a BBQ?
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
14 ouncepork or chicken sausage, sliced
medium sizedzucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- In a large bowl add the shrimp, sausage, zucchini, bell pepper and salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil and cajun seasoning.
- Thread the shrimp, sausage, zucchini
andpepper onto each skewer.
- Preheat the grill to
medium highheat. Grill each side for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp isopaque and veggies are tender.