Easy Greek Lemon Chicken is made with just a handful of ingredients in a cast iron skillet along with roasted lemon wedges that make an easy pan sauce.
Hi everyone! I’m Sabrina from Dinner, then Dessert and this is my first time posting for Alyssa. I’m pretty excited to be a part of the contributor team here at The Recipe Critic since I’ve been a fan of the blog for years! I’ve been blogging for almost two years and have been a private chef for almost eight years, so life is pretty much all food, all the time!
Todays recipe for Easy Greek Lemon Chicken is a quick and healthy meal you’re going to want to make all the time because it takes just a few spices, some garlic, lemon and olive oil and it makes the most delicious chicken with roasted lemon wedges that make the most delicious sauce!
Looking for crispy skinned roasted chicken with tons of flavor? This Easy Greek Lemon Chicken is a delicious mix of olive oil, garlic, lemon and spices roasted together. The pan juices on the bottom are mixed with the roasted lemon wedges for the most amazing sauce you’ll want to spoon over everything you ever eat!
The marinade itself couldn’t be any easier to make. The secret flavor you’ll crave comes from the lemon wedges that roast along side the chicken. The flavor of roasted lemon is deep and complex. Mixed with pan juices and olive oil it makes a delicious sauce you’ll spoon over the chicken and any side dishes you’re serving.
Plus, it looks almost as beautiful going into the oven as it does coming out!
- 5 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 lemons, one cut into wedges and one juiced and zested
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the chicken thighs, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper, thyme, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl together and combine well.
- Place the chicken thighs in your cast iron skillet skin side up.
- Toss the lemon wedges in the leftover marinade and add to the skillet in between the chicken pieces.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Love this Easy Greek Lemon Chicken? You’ll love these popular chicken recipes from Dinner, then Dessert!