California Avocado Skillet Chicken is marinated in honey balsamic and cooked in the skillet to tender and juicy perfection. Topped with ooey gooey cheese, tomato and avocado this will become a family favorite!
California Avocado Skillet Chicken
I love a good healthy dish that is big on flavor and you don’t have to compromise on taste. The hubby and I have been doing the Keto diet and we have been loving it so far. We can still eat the foods that we love as apart of a healthy lifestyle. So many recipes are keto friendly and this one happens to be one as well! You have your honey balsamic marinated chicken that gets topped with ooey gooey cheese, tomatoes, and avocado. All of these flavors come together and are going to wow your taste buds!
Ways to cook chicken breast in a skillet
There are so many different ways to cook chicken. This is my favorite way to make chicken and it is able to cook quickly and easily in the skillet. The chicken gets marinaded in a honey balsamic and you put them in the pan to cook over medium-high heat. You cook each side for about 3-4 minutes until it is brown.
What temperature to cook chicken breasts?
You cook the chicken until it is 165 degrees
Can you cook chicken on the grill?
Yes you can! We made it this summer and you can find it here. We loved it so much that I decided to make it again in the skillet. Everything about this meal is so good. I especially love the honey balsamic glaze on the chicken, and topped with gooey cheese? This chicken is one of my favorites! I know that you will love it too!!
You can find even more skillet chicken recipes here:
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced (any tomato will work)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for later. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, discard the marinade and add the chicken to the skillet. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees. Add the reserved marinade and cook until the sauce reduces.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and avocado, tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.