These perfectly cooked air fryer hard-boiled eggs will blow your mind! Convenient, quick, and easy to peel every time, they will be your go-to for some quick protein for any meal!
This method of making hard-boiled eggs will make your life so much easier! Once you make them in the air fryer, you won’t want to make them any other way. Use these hard boiled eggs in some of these classic recipes like my famous egg salad, classic deviled eggs, or try my unique avocado egg salad!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Egg Recipe
Nearly every kitchen will have eggs! Eggs are such a versatile ingredient and they can be cooked so many different ways. I love having quick and easy ways to cook eggs and let me tell you, cooking eggs in the air fryer is a game-changer. You know I love any air fryer recipes but when I can use it to make already easy recipes more hands-off and even simpler, then sign me up! You cook hard boiled eggs in their shells so that the egg white and egg yolk can both solidify. Then, this makes the inside of the egg the perfect consistency.
Hard boiled eggs make the perfect protein snack, breakfast, or addition to any salad! Try sprinkling them with this yummy everything bagel seasoning and you will want these every day for breakfast! These are easy to make and put into other recipes like these dyed Easter eggs, my healthy deviled eggs, or even on top of cobb salad! Another thing that I love to do is make them ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator so they are ready to go on the fly!
What Do I Need To Make Hard-Boiled Eggs?
Believe it or not, all you need is eggs and an air fryer! You will need a bowl of ice water to help cool your eggs after they cook. But, to actually cook your eggs, you just need the eggs and the air fryer. Doesn’t get easier than that! Feel free to use white eggs, brown eggs, or eggs from your neighbor’s chicken!
- Eggs: I always use large eggs when I am cooking or baking!
- Cold Water and Ice: This helps coll down the eggs so that you can peel them right away!
How Do You Hard Boil Eggs In the Air Fryer?
Cooking hard-boiled eggs in the air fryer is as easy as 1-2-3! In just 16 minutes, you will have perfect easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs, and the air fryer does all the work. No more waiting around and wondering if they will turn out.
- Preheat: Preheat the air fryer to 270° Fahrenheit.
- Add Eggs: Place eggs in the basket and space them apart so they aren’t touching.
- Cook: Select 15 minutes on the air fryer timer and start the air fryer.
- Ice Water Bath: Once they have cooked then place them in a bowl of ice water. The ice bath will stop the eggs from cooking any further.
- Peel: After they are cooled then you can peel the cold eggs! Then, season them with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Times for Boiling Eggs
Make eggs in the air fryer to your liking! There are 3 that are most popular and I wanted to make sure that you had these times available for quick access!
- Soft-boiled eggs: 10 minutes
- Medium-boiled eggs: 12 minutes
- Hard-boiled eggs: 15 minutes
How to Store Hard-Boiled Eggs
The best part about hard-boiled eggs is that they can be stored in the fridge until you need them! The best way to store them in the refrigerator is to keep the shells on. The shell will protect the egg from absorbing any bacteria or smells from the refrigerator. Once the eggs are cooled, simply place them in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
*Hard-boiled eggs cannot be stored in the freezer.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 large Eggs
- Cold Water and Ice (for cooling cooked eggs)
- Preheat the air fryer to 270° Fahrenheit.
- Place your eggs in the basket and space them apart so they aren't touching.
- Select 15 minutes, and start the air fryer.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the eggs from cooking any further.
- Once they are cooled, peel them, season them with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I put only three at a time in my air fryer. It took about 17 minutes to cook .
I really liked doing them in my fryer.Didn’t have to run to the kitchen to turn them off.
My air fryers lowest temperature is 300° . Can I still air fry eggs
I haven’t tried it at a higher temperature but you could try cooking them at 300 degrees for a little less time. Let me know if they turn out!
Not sure what went wrong, but I followed the instructions exactly and the eggs were impossible to peel.
I did 3 eggs (had been in fridge for about a week), 15 minutes at 270, ice water bath. Egg white came off with pieces of shell.
The dogs loved them, tho…. 🙂
I have an air fryer oven…no basket. Will this still work?
I haven’t tried that before but I think it will work fine!
I was afraid they would blow up!
The recipe calls for cooking 6 eggs yet says that this will serve 5 …?
Thanks for letting me know! The typo is fixed!
Ok. This is the point where I thought you lost your marbles. Hard boiled eggs in the air fryer? Seriously? Ya. I tried it. 4 eggs….. never ever will I boil them in water again. You are a genius. They were PERFECT. So, my apologies. You are not crazy. 🙂
Can you cook only 2 eggs?
Yes! Cooking time will be the same.