This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A twist on a classic appetizer, avocado deviled eggs are so creamy and delicious! Flavored with lime and dusted with paprika, your guests won’t be able to get enough of this flavorful dish!
If you love deviled eggs, you’ve got to try my avocado egg salad, Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs, and tried and true egg salad next! They’re all super easy to throw together and packed with that creamy, tender texture you love!
Creamy Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
It’s no secret that deviled eggs are a crowd-pleaser. Any time I bring them to a potluck, they seem to fly off the table! I always see people going back for seconds or thirds, and I don’t blame them! How can you resist when they’re bite-sized pieces of creamy goodness? I decided to test out making them with avocado for a boost of flavor and creaminess. It was the perfect addition to egg salad, so I thought, why not add it to deviled eggs? The result was mind-blowing. For all of my fellow avocado lovers out there, I’m here to present to you: the ultimate deviled eggs recipe.
If you love guacamole, you’re going to love these. It’s essentially the same thing since avocado is blended with egg yolks to make the filling. I like to season mine with lime and garlic so each bite is filled with a dollop of zesty, savory flavor. Avocado deviled eggs really are a game-changer. If you’ve found the flavor of traditional deviled eggs to be too ‘eggy’ for you, give these a try! They’re so fresh and creamy! Make them for your next get-together and I assure you, they’ll be a hit.
Everything You’ll Need to Make Them
Good news is, avocado deviled eggs use super simple ingredients. And did I mention- they’re gluten and dairy-free! No mayo here! The blended avocado adds all the creaminess you’ll need. These are also keto-friendly, making them a snack you can feel great about eating! Measurements for each of the ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.
- Hard Boiled Eggs: You can make these with an Instant Pot or buy them premade at the store for easier prep!
- Avocados: I used medium-sized avocados here. See tips on picking the best avocado below!
- Garlic Powder: Adds the perfect savory flavor!
- Lime Juice: I love adding lime juice for a pop of citrusy flavor. It also helps the avocado and egg yolks to blend together. You can add more to taste!
- Kosher Salt: Kosher salt isn’t iodized, so it doesn’t have a bitter aftertaste. It will add a better flavor to anything you cook!
- Pepper: Helps to enhance the overall dish.
- Paprika and Chopped Cilantro: (Optional, for garnish) A dusting of paprika and chopped cilantro not only looks amazing, but adds an extra pop of flavor, too!
How to Make Avocado Deviled Eggs
Avocado deviled eggs come together in only 4 simple steps! In 10 minutes, you’ll have these delicious, creamy bites of goodness ready to munch on.
- Prep Eggs: Cut hard-boiled eggs in half and gently scoop yolks into a food processor. Set the sliced egg whites aside for later.
- Blend: Cut and scoop the avocados into the food processor with the egg yolks. Add the garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. You can also mix the ingredients by hand using a fork for a more textured filling.
- Fill: Adjust seasonings if needed. Scoop mixture into a piping bag, or a plastic bag, and snip off one corner. Pipe the filling into the eggs.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and chopped cilantro. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips and Variations
With Easter just around the corner, this is a delicious way to upgrade a classic dish! Your family is going to love them! Here are a few easy tips to make your avocado deviled eggs as delicious as possible.
- Picking Avocados: Look for medium-sized avocados with dark, blemish-free skin. Gently press down on the top of it. If it gives slightly, it’s ripe. Avoid anything too hard or too mushy.
- Use Store-bought Eggs: Store-bought hard boiled eggs are so convenient for this recipe, and it helps it come together super fast! It’s a great way to cut down on prep time to make your deviled eggs even easier to put together.
How Long Do Avocado Deviled Eggs Last?
Since avocados oxidize pretty quickly, it’s best to serve these fresh! Avocado deviled eggs typically last for 1-2 days in the refrigerator, stored in an airtight container.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half and gently scoop yolks into a food processor. Set the sliced egg whites aside for later.
- Cut and scoop the avocados into the food processor with the egg yolks. Add the garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. You can also mix the ingredients by hand using a fork for a more textured filling.
- Adjust seasonings if needed. Scoop mixture into a piping bag. Or you can use a plastic sandwich bag, and snip off one corner. Pipe the filling into the eggs.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and chopped cilantro. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.