Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Arugula Salad is fresh, delicious and light and packed with amazing flavor! Tossed in a tangy lemon glaze and topped with feta cheese, you won’t be able to get enough!
Fresh garden ingredients and summertime happiness all in one bowl! If you love salads try this Italian Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad, Chilled Cucumber Tomato Salad, Farro Caprese Salad or Creamy Cucumber Salad.
Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Arugula Salad
I am happy to report that I survived the move this weekend. Whoa. Moving is the most exhausting thing in the world.
And as the years go by you just keep collecting stuff. And then your kids collect stuff. And your house is borderline hoarders because you get so attached to the weirdest things.
I finally got to the point where I just had to get rid of it! Even after the movers come you are left with all of this little stuff and nick nacks that you just don’t know what to do with.
So many trips are made after the move just to take all of the stuff you didn’t know what to do with before to the new house.
But we are so excited to be in our new house! It is so amazing to finally be in a place to call our own.
It is so hot right now. And moving in it is so much worse!
I don’t even have much of an appetite in the summer because it is so bad and all I crave are salads, popsicles, and no bake treats.
What you need to make arugula salad:
LOVED this quick and easy salad. I could have eaten the whole entire thing by myself.
I love fresh avocados but when you mix it in a salad with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers it is incredible.
- Avocados: cut into chunks
- English cucumbers: leave it unpeeled and chopped into pieces
- Roma Tomatoes: cut into chunks
- Red onion: cut into slices
- Argula: Mixed greens also works well
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice: best to use a squeeze of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Feta Cheese
How do you make Arugula salad?
- Mix: In a large bowl combine avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and arugula. Gently toss together.
- Whisk: In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, and lemon juice. Add to the veggies and toss.
- Serve with crumbled feta cheese.
I loved the addition of the feta cheese. I always sprinkle everything with a little feta because it is so good.
This salad is so simple but packed with so much flavor. It makes a light and healthy dinner that you guys are going to love!
Is arugula healthy for you?
- Cancer Fighting Power food
- Hydrating Leafy Green
- Good for Bone Health
- Helps Reduce Inflammation in the Body
- Cleanses and Detoxifies the Body
- Protects the Aging Brain From Cognitive Decline
Can you make this salad ahead?
Yes! I love an easy salad that can be made ahead of time. This does well sitting in a refrigerator for about 4 hours ahead of time.
Since everything is so fresh it is hard to leave any longer.
The avocados will begin to turn brown and mushy. Tomatoes will become soggy. Which in turn will lead to a dreadful and unpleasant looking salad.
Presentation and flavor is key to eating healthy and successfully!
Varieties when making arugula salad:
- Cheese: goat cheese or shaved parmesan instead of, or in addition to the feta cheese.
- Vegetables: carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Salad: mixed greens or spinach salad tastes good too.
What is arugula?
Arugula offers an herbaceous, peppery flavor with hints of nuts and mustard. Leaves allowed to mature too long on the arugula plant will become bitter in taste.
Looking for more salad recipes?! Here are my faves!
- Southwest Chickpea Salad
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Mouthwatering Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Roasted Beet, Quinoa and Carrot Salad
- Balsamic Chicken Cobb Salad with Pasta
Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Arugula Salad
Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Arugula Salad is fresh, delicious and light and packed with amazing flavor! Tossed in a tangy lemon glaze and topped with feta cheese, you won't be able to get enough!
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 english cucumber sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
In a large bowl combine avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and arugula. Gently toss.
In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, and lemon juice. Add to the veggies and toss.
Serve with crumbled feta cheese.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.