Breakfast Burritos are a great way to plan breakfast ahead. These are packed with ham, eggs, cheese and a lot of add-ins like pico de gallo, hash browns etc.
If you are not a breakfast person, you’ll love breakfast after you try these breakfast burritos! They are incredibly easy to make, you can make a big batch and freeze them ahead. So if you have a large family that needs to be fed, you don’t need to spend mornings making breakfast anymore. Just prep them over the weekend, and you have breakfast ready during the week. Plus, I’m going to give you a ton of ideas on how you can make them a little bit different.
Freezer Friendly Breakfast Burritos
We love breakfast burritos because you can so easily make them your own. And they are a great way to break up the monotony of having eggs or cereal every day.
I make these breakfast burritos a ton of different ways. The ones pictures here are filled with turkey ham, scrambled eggs, pico de gallo and lots of melty cheese.
Let’s talk about all the different things that can make these burritos even more awesome.
Storing and using Tortillas
We like using 8 inch flour tortillas, but you can also use a larger size if you prefer. Try to open a fresh batch of tortillas and use them for these burritos because they are the easiest to roll. But if you have slightly oder tortillas, stack them between slightly damp towels and microwave them for 20-30 seconds and they’ll come right back to life!
We love using slices of ham as the first thing on these tortillas. It keeps the tortilla from getting wet and acts like a barrier between the rest of the filling and the tortillas. Other filling ideas include:
- scrambled eggs
- onions and mushroom
- spicy sausages
- chopped bell peppers
- hash brown potatoes
- black beans
- refried beans
And CHEESE of course!
Start by prepping and cooking everything. Then get the family together, and roll these breakfast burritos together. Kids can decide what they want or don’t want in their burritos. As you roll these out, you can wrap them in foil or parchment paper and write the ingredients on top so that you can easily identify whats in them. Then just transfer them to a gallon sized ziplock and freeze them, or consume them immediately. To reheat, unwrap them and microwave them for a minute or two till they are warm and the cheese has melted inside.
More Delicious Egg Recipes:
- 8 8 inch Flour Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 12 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black Pepper
- 8 slices Deli Ham
- 1 1/2 cups Pico de Gallo
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper. Heat butter in a non stick skillet and add the whisked eggs. Stir the eggs and scramble till they are cooked (approx 2-3 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To assemble the tortillas, place a slice of deli ham on a flour tortilla. Add approx ½ cup scrambled eggs, 1-2 tbsp pico de gallo and sprinkle with cheese. Don't overstuff them or they will be difficult to roll.
- Roll the burritos from bottom to top. Roll one end of the tortilla over the filling, fold the sides over and continue rolling till you reach the top, tucking the filling in as you go. Repeat till all the burritos are filled.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.