Rating: 5 Stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: Here is how I cooked mine in the rice cooker- I added 1 cup of rice with 1 cup chicken broth, and 1 cup of water. I also added the garlic, butter and 1 tsp rice. Once the rice was cooked I fluffed with 1 Tbsp lime juice, sugar and cilantro.
Things I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? A MUST for cafe rio night
- 1 c. uncooked rice (long-grain, white rice)
- 1 tsp. butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 can (15 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- In a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, 1 tsp. lime, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat. In a small bowl combine lime juice, sugar and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice and mix in as you fluff the rice.