All of the delicious things about cannoli filling combine in an amazing and easy to make cheeseball!
I love a good cheeseball especially around the holidays. I recently made a few different kinds of cheeseballs. This amazing Cheddar Bacon Pistachio Cheeseball and this Bacon Ranch Cheeseball. They were all savory but I had to make one that was sweet.
So in searching for a yummy and sweet cheeseball I found this Cannoli Cheeseball recipe on the Rachel Ray Show. A cannoli cheeseball!? My favorite part of the cannoli is the creamy and sweet filling inside. I couldn’t wait to try these cheeseball out!
This cheeseball was so easy to make. It had all of the yummy ingredients that are used in making the filling of a cannoli. Ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips… they all come together quickly in this cheeseball. Because the ricotta cheese creates a softer texture, you have to form it into a ball and wrap it in plastic. After about an hour the cheeseball is set and ready to serve!
The creamy and delicious filling that you love turned into a cheeseball! This is sure to be a huge hit!
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips divided
- Vanilla wafers graham crackers, for serving
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine cream cheese, ricotta, powdered sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and 1 cup mini chocolate chips. Form the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for an hour until set.
- Roll the cheeseball in remaining chocolate chips. Serve with vanilla wafers and graham crackers.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.