Death By Chocolate Cheesecake has an Oreo crust with creamy, decadent and rich chocolate cheesecake. Topped with dark chocolate ganache this is a chocolate lovers dream come true!
Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
I don’t make desserts very often on the blog. But when I do, they are epic. My hubby is a mega chocolate lover and asked me to make this recipe about a year ago. I finally got around to making it for a family get together we had a few weeks ago. I am about a year behind with his requests, but this chocolate cheesecake recipe was so worth it!
Since my hubby is a huge Oreo fan, it all starts with an Oreo crust. I am not a huge oreo fan but I LOVE oreo crusts. I am not a huge chocolate fan either so it was amazing that I loved this recipe so much. The chocolate cheesecake is so creamy, decent, and rich. It gets topped with a dark chocolate ganache layer and it made such a beautiful presentation at our family party!
How do you make death by chocolate cheesecake?
You start by making the oreo cookie crust. You pulse the oreos until they are fine crumbs and add the butter. Press into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and then allow to cool while preparing filling.
To make the filling you melt 10 ounces of buttersweet chocolate. In a stand or hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth. Add in the eggs and melted chocolate. Pour over the oreo crust and bake.
Top of your cheesecake with some dark chocolate ganache and chocolate curls and you are good to go!
Do you have to make cheesecake in a springform pan?
A springform pan allows for quick release and easy cutting. But you can also use any cake pan or pie plate. You can also use foil or parchment paper for easy realease.
How do you store a cheesecake?
Freshly baked cheesecake will keep for about 1 week in the fridge. Refrigerate covered loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
Can you freeze cheesecake?
Yes you can. Wrap cheesecake tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap or place in a heavy duty freezer bag.
More delicious cheesecake recipes:
Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- 10 ounces oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate melted
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- To make the oreo crust layer: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor pulse the oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs. Put them into a small bowl and add the melted butter and stir until incorporated. Press into the bottom of your 8-9 inch greased springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and remove and let cool while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: Melt the 10 ounces of chocolate in the microwave or using a double broiler until smooth. Set aside. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and eggs and fold in until incorporated. Pour over the oreo crust. Bake for 1 hour or until the center is set. Let cool to room temperature. Release the spring form pan and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the chocolate ganache: Melt the chocolate, whipping cream and sugar in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan until smooth. Spread on the top of the cheesecake and chill until set. Top with chocolate curls if desired.