This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Prepare your tastebuds for these luscious chocolate covered bananas! With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll be whipping up a creamy, chocolatey treat that’s sure to bring a smile to your face.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and you can’t go wrong by making all of the chocolate-covered desserts! Chocolate covered strawberries are always a must, but these chocolate covered Oreos and pretzels are great, too!
Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
Chocolate-covered strawberries get a lot of time in the spotlight this time of year, but let me present you with another option… these crazy good chocolate covered bananas! Don’t get me wrong, strawberries covered in chocolate are heavenly, but there’s something about bananas and chocolate that is SO good. They’re perfectly soft and creamy. If you haven’t tried them before, here’s your sign to!
These taste like a mini banana split. They’re the perfect size and SO delicious! It’s easy to make a lot of them, so if you have a Valentine’s party planned, add these to the lineup! I’m using semi-sweet, milk, and white chocolate here, so there’s a flavor for everyone. These are great for adding to a dessert charcuterie board or eating on their own. You are going to love these little banana delights!
4-Ingredient Chocolate Covered Bananas
Depending on the type of chocolate you choose to use, you may only need 2 ingredients! Simple desserts are the best. Make a batch for yourself when a sweet tooth hits! Check out the recipe card for exact measurements!
- Bananas: Make sure your bananas are as ripe as possible so they’re soft and creamy.
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips: If you don’t want your chocolate to be too sweet, this is the kind to go for! Dark chocolate also works.
- Milk Chocolate Chips: My personal favorite! I love a blend of sweet and chocolatey.
- White Chocolate Chips: If you want something more on the creamy side. You can also use leftovers for a pretty white drizzle!
- Toothpicks: For dipping. You can also use wooden skewers, popsicle sticks, or forks to keep it simple. Whatever you have on hand!
How to Make Chocolate Covered Bananas
It’s so easy! Fondue, anyone? Feel free to break out your other favorite goodies to use leftover chocolate for! Besides bananas and strawberries, I love dipping homemade marshmallows in melted chocolate! It’s so heavenly.
- Prep Baking Sheet: Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Melt Chocolate: Place the chocolate chips in 3 separate microwave-safe bowls. Place the bowl in your microwave on high for 20 second intervals, stirring each one between each heating until all the chocolate is melted. Don’t overheat your chocolate or you will burn them and they won’t be good for dipping. (Psst- if you overheated your chocolate, don’t worry! See my tips section below on how to fix it.)
- Prepare Bananas: Once your chocolate mixture is ready, peel and slice your bananas, I sliced mine into medallions. Using a toothpick, pick up one slice at a time and dip banana into the melted chocolate, either covering the whole piece or just part of it. Once the banana pieces are dipped, place them on your prepared baking sheet and place in the fridge to cool and harden.
- Serve or Store: Enjoy fresh or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Fix Seized Chocolate
You bought your favorite chocolate and you’re all ready to make some tasty chocolate fondue… but it overheated and seized in the microwave. Now what? It’s not beyond repair! To turn that bowl of sludge into smooth silky goodness, we need to add hot water. Add a tablespoon of boiling water at a time and mix vigorously. (Gotta get a workout in where you can, right?) You can also use heated milk or heavy cream.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few simple ways to make sure your chocolate covered bananas turn out perfectly! This is such an easy dessert but always a hit. I know your family will love them just as much as mine does!
- Microwave vs Stove Top: I always pop my chocolate in the microwave to melt it, but you’ll want to be careful doing this because your chocolate can easily overcook. To be more precise, you can also melt your chocolate on the stove at medium-low heat. It takes a little longer, but you’re able to stir it more often and keep it from seizing.
- Can I Use Other Types of Chocolate? Definitely! I used chocolate chips but you can totally swap these out for candy melts or baking bars. Just make sure you’re using high-quality chocolate for the best results. I usually go for Ghirardelli or Valhrona if I’m feeling extra fancy. Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to go all out!
- Adding Toppings: A few tasty topping ideas: crushed graham crackers, chopped walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, pistachios, or peanuts, cinnamon sugar, or crushed Oreo cookies. I like to dip my bananas in these while the chocolate is still a little soft so it coats it perfectly.
Got leftover chocolate covered bananas? Keep them! They’re a great thing to snack on when you’re craving something sweet.
- In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- In the Freezer: Your chocolate-covered bananas will last for 2-3 months in an airtight container. Feel free to eat them straight from the freezer! They’re like ice cream bites! This is a great way to serve them when the temperatures start to heat up.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 3 bananas sliced into disks
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Toothpicks for dipping
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in 3 separate, microwave safe bowls. Place the bowl in your microwave on high in 20 second intervals, stirring each one between each heating until all the chocolate is melted. Don’t overheat your chocolate or you will burn them and they won’t be good for dipping.
- Once your chocolate is ready, peel and slice your bananas, I sliced mine into medallions. Using a toothpick, pick up one banana slice at a time and dip them into the melted chocolate, either covering the whole piece or just part of it. Once the banana pieces are dipped, place them on your prepared baking sheet and place in the fridge to cool and harden.
- Enjoy fresh or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.