Cinnamon Zucchini Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is the perfect way to use up that garden zucchini! A perfectly moist cinnamon cake filled with crunchy walnuts and frosted with cream cheese frosting.
I have got the most delicious and addicting cake to share with you today. You know that cakes that you make that you sneak throughout the day because they are so good? This is that cake. You will not be able to get enough of it. And the best part of it is that you can hide that garden zucchini inside. It is a great way to get my kids to eat their vegetables by hiding it in a delicious cake. This cake honestly could not be any more perfect.
Not only does this cake bake perfectly moist and tender but it has crunchy walnuts throughout. That was probably my favorite part! The nutty walnuts hidden in this cinnamon zucchini cake.
This cake comes together in no time at all. You can mix all of the ingredients in one bowl for easier clean up and pop it in the oven. The cinnamon spices really add such great flavor to the cake and you can smell it throughout the house as it bakes! This cake is perfection!
You are really going to think you baked the perfect cake right here. Get ready for it to blow you away. Not only does the cake come out perfectly tender, you frost it with cream cheese frosting. Isn’t cream cheese frosting the greatest invention for cakes? As if this cake can’t possible get any better you frost the top with cream cheese frosting.
I can’t wait for you to make this cake! Everything about it from the cinnamon cake with hidden walnuts to the cream cheese frosting is out of this world good. I know that your family is going to love it just as much as we did!
Cinnamon Zucchini Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 cups freshly grated zucchini
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 8 oz. container cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 3/4 powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In your kitchen aid mixer or using a hand held mixer, combine sugars, eggs and oil.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Combine with wet ingredients. Stir in zucchini and walnuts. Pour batter evenly in pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: Beat the butter and cream cheese together until creamy. add vanilla and heavy whipping cream. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Frost the cooled cake.
This post was sponsored by the California Walnut Board. Thank you for allowing me to work with brands that I love. All opinions expressed are my own.
More delicious walnut recipes: