This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Coconut banana bread is sweet and insanely delicious! The moist texture combined with its amazing taste will make it hard to stop after just one slice!
This bread is such a yummy snack that you can eat for breakfast, brunch, or a mid-afternoon snack! This coconut banana bread delivers an amazing taste! In fact, bake it up with this Casserole, Monkey Bread, and this delicious Peach Smoothie and you will have an early morning feast to remember!
Coconut Banana Bread
Banana bread is a classic recipe. But add in some coconut flavor and well… You have just taken it to the next (very delicious!) level! Don’t get me wrong, regular banana bread is SO good. But I feel like I can’t make it too often or we will get sick of it! So, this recipe changes it up just enough that we can make it a little different each time! It is so sweet and moist and it makes the perfect bread recipe. I love bringing some to share with my neighbors and friends. They are always pleasantly surprised at the taste when they eat a slice! It’s unexpected in all the best ways!
This recipe is so easy to make and it fills my house with the most delicious smell! It’s a win-win! I always try and double or triple the recipe because we eat it up SO fast. Plus, I have included below how you can freeze this and save it for later! This is a total home run recipe and one that you will want to keep on hand. If you want to use up all of those ripe bananas, you can bake up some Easy Banana Muffins and Best Banana Pancakes as well! You might as well make the most of them!
Ingredients in Coconut Banana Bread
If you have some ripe bananas and some shredded coconut, this recipe will be a cinch! Using ingredients that are probably already in your pantry, this coconut banana bread comes together in just a few minutes! See the recipe card below for exact ingredient measurements.
- Canola oil: I used canola oil but you could substitute it for vegetable oil!
- Sugar: This is used to make this a sweet bread.
- Eggs: Use eggs that are at room temperature and beaten well!
- Vanilla and almond extract: This adds a delicious flavoring to the sweetness.
- Flour: I used all purpose flour.
- Baking powder and baking soda: These will help the bread to rise and be soft and moist.
- Salt: Salt enhances the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Bananas: Make sure that your bananas are very ripe (meaning that they are yellow and brown). They are sweeter when they are like this!
- Coconut milk: Using coconut milk brings out that coconut flavor!
- Coconut: Shredded coconut brings the perfect texture to this bread!
Let’s Bake Some Bread!
Once you have gathered all of the ingredients you need, you just mix it up and pop it in the oven! It is super simple and easy and you will be smelling and tasting this amazing coconut banana bread before you know it!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Beat and mix: With an electric mixer, beat together the oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs mixing well after each addition until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Set aside.
- Stir and mash: In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a third mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or pastry cutter. Stir in the coconut milk and shredded coconut.
- Dry ingredients: Alternate between adding the dry ingredients and banana mixture to the egg mixture. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Pour, bake and cool: Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
To make this coconut banana bread turn out perfectly, here are a few tips and tricks! In fact, if you follow these, you can’t go wrong! This recipe will turn out just perfectly!
- Ripe bananas: In order to get that sweet taste out of a banana, you need to make sure that it is ripe. It needs to be yellow with brown spots on it to be perfect for coconut banana bread!
- Don’t underbake: To check if it’s done, insert a toothpick into the middle of your bread. If it comes out clean, your bread is done! If there is still some batter on the toothpick, put the bread back into the oven and continue baking it. The bread should be lightly browned on the outside when it’s done.
- Mashed bananas: To mash up the bananas, I like to peel them and mash them up with a fork. That way, I can make sure that I get all of the lumps out before mixing the bananas in with the batter!
- Let it cool: To make sure that the bread slices up nicely, let it cool completely before you slice it! Otherwise, it will crumble.
How to Store Coconut Banana Bread
Once you have baked this delicious coconut banana bread, you will want to know how to store it correctly! Here’s how you can do that to make it last a few days!
- At room temperature: Once your banana bread has cooled, wrap it in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. You can store it on your counter for up to 3 days!
How to Bake Ahead and Freeze
This bread freezes so well! You can make a few extra loaves and store them in your freezer for a later time! Once your coconut banana bread has cooled, wrap each loaf in some plastic wrap and place it in a ziplock freezer bag. Label the bag with the date and place it in your freezer. It can last for up to 2 months frozen! When you are ready to eat, just defrost it. Then, you can slice it and serve it up! It will be just as delicious as the day that you baked it!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Coconut Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs mixing well after each addition until the mixture is smooth and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a third mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or pastry cutter. Stir in the coconut milk and shredded coconut.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and banana mixture to the egg mixture. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.