Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites is an appetizer, snack and party food with layered pecans, soft brie, a dollop of cranberry sauce all cupped in a flaky crescent roll cooked to golden brown. Only 4 Ingredients for this sweet and savory holiday appetizer!
Don’t forget Fisher Chef’s Natural Pecans and Walnuts for all your holiday recipes! If you love baking and cooking with nuts, check out my recipe my recipes for Maple Pecan Baked Brie, One Hour Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns, No Bake Banana Caramel Pecan Pie or Turtle Pecan Bars.
Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
The perfect combination of sweet and savory appetizer is just what your holiday party needs!
When my recipes call for nuts this holiday season, I choose the best quality available.
Fisher Nuts are fresh right out of their shells, are preservative free, non GMO and naturally gluten free!
They are my go-to nuts when adding an extra soft crunch and flavoring to my recipes.
With this cranberry pecan Brie Bites recipe I knew I needed to add that extra touch with a sweet and savory pecan.
It adds just the right amount of texture and pairs so well with the brie and cranberry sauce.
This is a MUST make holiday party appetizer!
Your Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve parties just got better with this cranberry pecan brie bite recipe.
Cranberry sauce layered over top melted brie all cupped together with a soft and flaky crescent roll dough.
Add a sweet and savory pecan to the bottom layer and top as a garnish with a fig and you have one AMAZING appetizer that everyone will love!
Every bite is irresistible!
Why Fisher Nuts?
If you’ve been following me for some time, I’ve been partnering with Fisher for years to bring you amazing, unique recipes.
Fisher Nuts are a wonderful way to add flavor and texture to any dish. They’re now available on Amazon too which is so convenient. http://bit.ly/
Look for the signature stand-up bag in the store, and at home, the resealable bag is so helpful to ensure freshness through the whole holiday season.
They’re preservative free and non-GMO!
Their focus on quality sets Fisher® apart from other brands.
They have cultivated relationships with the best American farmers for nearly a century, providing only the highest quality nuts.
Check out their site to get a glimpse of their trusted storage, inspection and packaging processes that ensure complete farm to shelf freshness!
All about pecans
“Pecan” comes from the Native American word “paccan,” which means a nut with a shell so hard it must be cracked with a stone.
Indigenous to the South Central U.S. and Northern Mexico, Pecans are one of the newest domesticated major crops, with commercial production beginning in the 1880s.
Today, consumers enjoy more than 500 varieties of this delicious, flavorful nut, both as a snack and an ingredient in cooking and baking recipes.
Here are some great nut facts to know about:
- A good source of fiber per 30-gram serving, which contains 21 grams of fat
- A 30-gram serving contains 21 vitamins and minerals, and is an excellent source of manganese and copper
- A 30-gram serving is also a good source of thiamin (Vitamin B1)
What you need to make cranberry pecan brie bites
Nothing starts a party, special family gathering or an everyday meal like the satisfying crunch from Fisher Nuts.
I love Fisher Nuts and I knew I needs pecans to add to the top of this AMAZING cranberry brie bite recipe.
The pecan just adds that extra flavor and texture that creates a mouth watering holiday appetizer that won’t last long.
These are mini and bite size for perfect grabbing and enjoying all at one time.
Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites recipe is simple to make with simple ingredients.
Layered perfectly with a flakey crust, hidden pecans on the bottom, a soft buttery cheese, sweet cranberry sauce and the pecan topping is too good to be true!
Enjoy this easy to make cranberry pecan Brie Bites recipe this holiday season.
- Crescent dough: rolled out and cut into sections that will fit into a mini muffin pan.
- Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans: these are a sweet and savory nut.
- Wheel of brie: any brie is best.
- Cranberry sauce: keep it simple and either purchase a can of cranberry sauce or make The Easiest Cranberry Sauce Recipe.
- Sprigs of Rosemary: for garnish!
How to make cranberry pecan brie bites
When you add Fisher Nuts to a recipe you instantly elevate the flavor and texture, without adding preservatives.
This cranberry pecan brie bite recipe is simple to make and only has a few simple ingredients.
It all layers together in this soft, flakey crescent dough and topped with pecans to make this one appetizer your friends and family won’t stop eating.
This is a tried and true favorite pecan brie bite recipe that you will want to make over and over again throughout the holiday season.
- Prepare the crescent dough: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a floured surface roll out the crescent dough and pinch the seams. Cut the dough into 24 equal squares. In a mini muffin tin add the dough and press into each cup.
- Layer ingredients: Add pecans to the bottom and cut brie into small slices and press on top. Top with a dollop of cranberry.
- Bake and add more pecans on top: Bake until they are golden for 15 minutes. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and sprinkled pecans.
How to toast pecans
I can’t get enough pecans in this cranberry pecan Brie Bites!
Pecans are hidden on the bottom layer and then to top off these cranberry pecan Brie Bites with an extra sprinkle of pecans to the top.
The flavoring and pairing of this appetizer just blends so well together.
If you are wanting a more toasted pecan taste here is a step by step recipe that is simple to use only takes minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish in your microwave or use a small saucepan on the stovetop.
- Evenly coat the pecans in the melted butter.
- Spread out the butter-coated pecans out on a non-stick cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and watch the pecans closely while they toast.
- Toss the pecans once or twice while they are toasting. This allows for even toasting.
- Toast the pecans until they are crisp and aromatic. This will usually take about 10 to 15 minutes.
Tips for making cranberry pecan brie bites
- If you like an added flavoring to your pecans be sure to toast the pecans. Wait for the nuts to cool before chopping. This will prevent them from getting pasty and oily.
- Try adding other variations of Fisher nuts instead of pecans.
- Use a larger knife to chop the nuts. It’s easier to gain control over them that with a smaller knife.
- If you need evenly chopped nuts for a specific recipe, chop the nuts in small quantities with a large knife to assure they are all a similar size.
- Don’t have a knife? You can coarsely chop nuts without a knife by tapping the closed bag with the bottom of a small sauté pan to break the nuts up.
- If you don’t have a crescent dough you can use a puff pastry for this recipe.
Storing cranberry pecan brie bites
- Can you make cranberry pecan Brie Bites ahead of time: Yes! This is great to make ahead of time before your party! Simply make and bake your bites. Place in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. If you like to serve them warm, place in the oven for 5 minutes to warm them up before serving.
- Making cranberry pecan Brie Bites ahead of time without baking them: prepare and follow the directions until you add the cranberry sauce to bake the muffin tin. Store the muffin tin in the refrigerator up to 24 hours in advance. When ready to bake, add the cranberry sauce and bake according to directions.
- How to store cranberry pecan Brie Bites before baking them: simply follow the directions until you are about to bake the bites. Instead of baking them, cover the muffin tin with plastic wrap and place them in the freezer as is for 2 to 3 days. When ready to bake, bake from frozen for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- How to freeze cranberry pecan Brie Bites after baking them: bake the bites and let cool. Add them to an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 week before serving. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until warmed through.
More holiday appetizers
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Jalapeno Poppers Recipe with Bacon
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy Strawberry Bruschetta
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Scallops
Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
- 1 8 ounce tube crescent dough
- 1/2 cup Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans
- 1 8 ounce wheel of brie
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- sprigs of rosemary for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a floured surface roll out the crescent dough and pinch the seams. Cut the dough into 24 equal squares. In a mini muffin tin add the dough and press into each cup.
- Add pecans to the bottom and cut brie into small slices and press on top. Top with a dollop of cranberry.
- Bake until they are golden for 15 minutes. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.