Soft, chewy, Butter Pecan Cookies made with lightly toasted pecans and (optional) crunchy toffee bits. These are buttery and delicious and there’s no mixer and no chilling required!
Hi everyone! Sam here from Sugar Spun Run with another soft & chewy cookie recipe! Last time I shared my recipe for Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles and today I have these Butter Pecan Cookies!
I’ve been baking a lot with pecans recently, making everything from Pecan Pie to Candied Pecans, and today I decided to add them to a buttery batch of cookies!
Many butter pecan cookie recipes tend to be crisp and a little too dry for my liking. For today’s recipe I knew I wanted a soft, thick, chewy cookie, and this recipe delivers!
These butter pecan cookies are pretty straightforward and simple to make, but I did want to include a few tips for you!
Tips for Making Butter Pecan Cookies
- Toasting your pecans is optional, but I really recommend it for this butter pecan cookie recipe. It takes less than 5 minutes and enhances the flavor and crispness of the pecans!
- Toast your pecan halves before chopping them. This will ensure even toasting (no burnt or under-done pieces this way!) Just make sure you let them cool before chopping them!
- Let your butter cool for at least 10 minutes before adding the sugar. If your butter is too hot, it will end up melting your sugar and you’ll have a runny cookie dough that will spread all over your cookie sheet when you go to bake it.
- The toffee bits add a nice extra dimension of flavor and texture to these cookies, I can’t enjoy butter pecan cookies without them anymore!
- Any leftover butter pecan cookies (haha, not in my house!) can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Enjoy! If you try out these butter pecan cookies for yourself I’d love to know what you think!
Watch a video on how to make Butter Pecan Cookies here:
Butter Pecan Cookies
Soft, chewy, Butter Pecan Cookies made with lightly toasted pecans and (optional) crunchy toffee bits. These are buttery and delicious and there's no mixer and no chilling required!
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled at least 10 minutes (226g)
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk room temperature preferred*
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 heaping cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup Heath Toffee bits optional, but recommended!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread pecan halves evenly over cookie sheet and bake on 350F for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and coarsely chop (do not turn off your oven). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted, cooled butter and sugars. Stir well.
- Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir until well-combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Add chopped pecans and toffee bits (if using) and stir well.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by heaping 1 1/2 Tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing at least 2" apart.
- Transfer to 350F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet before enjoying!
- Store any leftover, cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.