Heyyyyyyy! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb here to share one heck of an awesome cookie recipe with you. Ever had a 50/50 bar? AKA a dreamsicle bar?? The orange-vanilla variety of ice cream bar? If you know what I’m talking bout then you are probably drooling a little bit right now because they are amazing!!
Well these cookies? They’re pretty much like the non-frozen version of a 50/50 bar. Orange and vanilla plus chunks of white chocolate…. These are so incredible and absolutely perfect for summertime! The perfect way to wrap up a backyard bbq or a long day in the sun right!? Right.
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
Orange and vanilla plus chunks of white chocolate…. These are so incredible and absolutely perfect for summertime!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest 1-2 oranges
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and orange zest and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Dust hands with flour, then shape 2-3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball (doesn't need to be a perfect ball, just shape it a bit) and place on baking a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing dough balls about 2-3 inches apart on the sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature.