Heyyyyyyy! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb here to share one heck of an awesome cookie recipe with you. Ever had a 50/50 bar? AKA a dreamsicle bar?? The orange-vanilla variety of ice cream bar? If you know what I’m talking bout then you are probably drooling a little bit right now because they are amazing!!
Well these cookies? They’re pretty much like the non-frozen version of a 50/50 bar. Orange and vanilla plus chunks of white chocolate…. These are so incredible and absolutely perfect for summertime! The perfect way to wrap up a backyard bbq or a long day in the sun right!? Right.
- 2¾ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (1-2 oranges)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and orange zest and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Dust hands with flour, then shape 2-3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball (doesn't need to be a perfect ball, just shape it a bit) and place on baking a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing dough balls about 2-3 inches apart on the sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe