A classic cookie — white chocolate with macadamia nuts!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with COOKIES.
The Christmas countdown is on! With only a few days left, there has to be some cookie making right? Or at least some cookie making for Santa on Christmas Eve!
I happen to have the inside scoop and know that Santa’s favorite cookie is white chocolate & macadamia nut (or at least the Santa that delivers to my house ?) So I knew it was time to perfect these cookies!
They are seriously delicious! Crisp exteriors and soft + chewy interiors. AND plenty of white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts!
To get the very best results, follow the directions carefully; these have a little bit of a different method than most cookies and do require chilling! That’s what gives these the absolute best taste and texture!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- Partially melt the butter. There should still be chunks, but about 75% melted. Add to a large bowl with the shortening.
- Using hand mixers, beat in the brown sugar and the white sugar.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Gently stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Cover the bowl tightly and chill for 1 to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Line a pan with parchment paper or use a nonstick liner.
- Roll balls of dough into tall cylindrical balls. Place 6-8 cookie balls on a sheet to give the cookies plenty of room.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes erring on the side of under-baking which keeps them soft and chewy!
- Remove from the oven and press a few additional chocolate chips or macadamia nuts in the top if desired (makes them look pretty).
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Cook time refers to required chilling time.
More Cookie Recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: