Always a classic cookie — white chocolate with macadamia nuts!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with COOKIES.
The Christmas countdown is on! With only a few days left, there has to be some cookie making right? Or at least some cookie making for Santa on Christmas Eve!
I happen to have the inside scoop and know that Santa’s favorite cookie is white chocolate & macadamia nut (or at least the Santa that delivers to my house ?) So I knew it was time to perfect these cookies!
They are seriously delicious! Crisp exteriors and soft + chewy interiors. AND plenty of white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts!
To get the very best results, follow the directions carefully; these have a little bit of a different method than most cookies and do require chilling! That’s what gives these the absolute best taste and texture!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 and ½ cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- Partially melt the butter. There should still be chunks, but about 75% melted. Add to a large bowl with the shortening.
- Using hand mixers, beat in the brown sugar and the white sugar.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Gently stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Cover the bowl tightly and chill for 1 to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Line a pan with parchment paper or use a nonstick liner.
- Roll balls of dough into tall cylindrical balls. Place 6-8 cookie balls on a sheet to give the cookies plenty of room.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes erring on the side of under-baking which keeps them soft and chewy!
- Remove from the oven and press a few additional chocolate chips or macadamia nuts in the top if desired (makes them look pretty).
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.