Tender and juicy chicken in the most amazing creamy and delicious garlic mushroom sauce! This makes one incredible 30 minute meal!
I have been pretty obsessed with creamy delicious skillet meals lately. But my family LOVES them. I always have most of these ingredients on hand. I buy chicken and heavy cream in bulk from Costco and I have a delicious real ready in under 30 minutes.
This Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken became one of our favorites. You guys are going to LOVE the creamy sauce over the chicken. It is full of flavor and is thick and creamy and so delicious. This is so good that it tastes like it came straight from a restaurant!
I am not a huge mushroom fan, but if you stuff them, or put them in a sauce I absolutely love them! These mushrooms added a new texture and awesome flavor to the dish.
I mean just look at all of that creamy delicious garlic mushroom goodness!
I couldn’t believe how delicious this meal turned out. Quick, easy, delicious and full of such delicious flavor. What is not to love about this dish!? You guys are going to love it just as much as our family did!
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs or breasts boneless skinless
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves minced or whole (whatever your preference is)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce add the chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat and whisk until smooth. Add the flour and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the sauce followed by the chicken and coat in the creamy sauce. Heat for a couple of minutes and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.