Cauliflower Soup is a simple and creamy this cauliflower soup is flavorful and comforting. Load it up with your favorite toppings or enjoy it on it’s own, this soup will please everyone!
Hey y’all! Serene from House of Yumm, bringing you creamy and comforting cauliflower soup today.
This soup is one of my favorites to make during the Fall and Winter months.
My all time favorite soup is always going to be Potato Soup, but sometimes I need something a bit lighter..which is why this cauliflower soup is a close second!
It’s very similar. Plus Cauliflower is pretty magical, when you cook it and blend it, it becomes this silky, creamy masterpiece.
And then we can toss all of our favorite toppings on. This soup is sure to become a staple in your home!
How to make Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This creamy, comforting soup comes together quick and easy on the stovetop.
Cauliflower soup is an easy soup recipe can be customized to be meat free and dairy free based on your preferences.
Naturally gluten free, this healthy, low carb soup is perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s also a great meal planning option since it reheats so well!
- Cook the bacon in a dutch oven or large pot. Remove the bacon and drain the grease, reserving 1 tablespoon in the pot.
- Saute the onion in the bacon grease until the onions are soft and tender. Add in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in the cauliflower, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer the cauliflower for 15-20 minutes until softened.
- Blend the soup. Use either an immersion blender or carefully transfer the liquid to a blender or food processor. If using a blender or processor allow the soup to cool slightly before blending.
- Serve with toppings if desired!
Some F.A.Q’s about Cauliflower Soup:
- How to make Vegetarian/Vegan Cauliflower Soup: To make this recipe meat free you can omit the bacon in the first step. Use another fat/oil of preference to sauté the onion. Then follow the rest of the recipe as follows.
- How to store and reheat this cauliflower soup recipe: Store this soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This soup will keep for 3-4 days. To reheat simply pour into a medium size pot and heat over medium heat. This soup can be frozen and stored in the freezer for 4-5 months. To thaw remove from the freezer, place in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat.
- How do you thicken cauliflower soup? Blending this soup creates a thick, creamy soup all on it’s own! Nothing else is needed to be done. If once you have prepared the soup you feel it should be thicker, take one tablespoon of cornstarch and add it to 1/4 cup warm water or broth, whisking together. Add this cornstarch slurry to the soup. Whisk it together and cook for several minutes, the soup will thicken right up!
- Fresh herbs: parsley, thyme, chives, dill
- Additional roasted cauliflower
- Grated cheese– I love the flavor contrast of a sharp white cheddar with this soup.
- Grated nutmeg– this flavor pairs wonderfully with cauliflower!
- Hot sauce
- Sprinkle of chili powder
- Lemon juice– just a squeeze from one lemon wedge is fantastic!
More Soup Recipes You May Enjoy
- Secretly Healthy Potato Soup
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- Classic Italian Wedding Soup
Cauliflower Soup. Simple and creamy this cauliflower soup is flavorful and comforting. Load it up with your favorite toppings or enjoy it on it’s own, this soup will please everyone!
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower (approx 2 lbs) cut into florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
Heat dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, add the bacon and cook to desired crispness. Remove the bacon (save for topping), drain the grease, reserving 1 tablespoon in the pot.
Add the onion to the bacon grease in the pot and cook over medium heat until the onions are softened. Stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
Pour in the broth, add the cauliflower, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is softened.
Using an immersion blender, blender or food processor blend the soup until smooth and creamy. (Be careful when transferring hot liquids and allow the soup to cool briefly before putting a lid on the blender)
Serve the soup warm with toppings of choice.
To make this vegan/vegetarian do not cook the bacon, use another fat/oil of choice to saute the onions in.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.