Eggnog. Do you love it or hate it? I for one used to hate eggnog. It was just so thick and didn’t appeal to me. But then I made these eggnog cookies a few years ago and loved them! They became my favorite cookie on the blog. My son is obsessed with eggnog and looks for it every year at the grocery store. So over the last couple of years I have learned to love eggnog. Especially when you bake with it. It can turn an eggnog hater into a lover like me!
This eggnog quick bread recipe though. PERFECTION! You will not find a better recipe for eggnog bread out there. I guarantee it. I was blown away by how amazing it baked and how moist and perfect it was. My hubby who does not like eggnog at all loved this bread. But the best part is that it is so easy to throw together. It took me a total of maybe 5 minutes to mix it into the bowl and get it in the oven. We had a delicious baked eggnog bread ready in no time at all!
So the question is… was this approved by my eggnog obsessed seven year old? He came home from school and had eaten two slices before I even had known it! He loved this bread! And he said that the favorite part was the glaze on top. This bread was perfect. I know that if you love eggnog then you will love this bread!
Eggnog Quickbread with an Eggnog Glaze
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dairy eggnog
- 1/2 cup margarine melted
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons eggnog depending on how thick, thin you want the glaze
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs and beat. Next add sugar, eggnog, melted margarine, rum extract, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir until moist.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until lightly brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- To make the eggnog glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons eggnog. Add additional eggnog if you want the glaze to be thinner. Pour the glaze over the top of the bread.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.