Today I am sharing Grasshopper Popcorn my friend Something Swanky’s new cookbook Party Popcorn! I have know Ashton for a couple of years now and we met through blogging. I always looked up to her blog and would drool over all of the delicious treats she would create. I got to meet her in real life last year at a blog conference and she was just as awesome and sweet in real life. And last summer we met up in North Carolina for dinner. Her blog is loaded with all sorts of amazing treats! So I was so excited that she announced she was writing a cookbook all about popcorn!
It took me so long to decide what to make from her book! She shares sweet and savory popcorn ideas in her book. From sticky wings and blue cheese popcorn, buffalo ranch popcorn, to cookies and cream popcorn and turtle brownie popcorn are just a few of the examples. I wanted to make them all!! I will never go back to making regular boring popcorn now that I have this book! 😉
I love anything mint and it is perfect for the season right now. The popcorn is coated in chocolate with Andes Mint pieces and grasshopper mint cookies hidden inside. As soon as I made it I couldn’t stop eating it! This popcorn would be the hit at any party that you have. Or it would even be a great neighbor gift for the holidays. No matter what the occasion this is sure too be a hit! We loved it at our house and I am sure that you will too!
* I added extra chocolate and also the green drizzle on top.
Recipe from Party Popcorn
A delicious and minty popcorn that is coated with chocolate and has grasshopper cookies and anded mints hidden inside!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 package fudge mint cookies 10 ounce
- 2 cups milk chocolate melting candy *
- 1 cup Andes Créme de Menthe Baking Chips
- Green candy melts for drizzle optional *
- In a large bowl add the popcorn. Roughly chop the fudge mint cookies into pieces. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and heat in 30 seconds increments stirring after each time until it is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and add the chopped cookies and baking chips to the bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula until coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto parchment paper or a large silicone mat.
- For the green drizzle: Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl 30 seconds at a time until it is melted and smooth. Drizzle with a spoon or a baggie with the corner snipped on top of the popcorn.
- Allow to cool until the chocolate has hardened. Break the popcorn into pieces and serve immediately.