This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This corned beef hash breakfast is filled with chopped crispy potatoes and bell peppers with corned beef mixed together and a large sunny side up egg to complete the meal. Breakfast just got better with this hash!
Corned Beef Hash Recipe
Crispy potatoes, tender corned beef all cooked together with eggs on top making this one delicious meal. This is a perfect meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It has all you need in one skillet. Since St. Patrick’s Day is coming up serve this with leftovers from my Traditional Corned Beef recipe! Corned beef is simple to make and tastes so good especially around St. Patrick’s Day. Hash is simple to make and only uses one skillet. I knew this was just what I needed to make with my left over corned beef.
My family loved this corned beef hash for brunch and even wanted it again for dinner. It is that good. The potatoes are cooked golden brown and crispy on the outside with a tender inside. While the corned beef is tender and still seasoned. Corned beef is best if it is a left over for this hash. It makes this hash simple to cook and add in quickly. Top this hash with your favorite egg creation and you have a complete meal with all the flavoring. This is a MUST make hash!
What is Corned Beef Hash?
A hash is known to have meat, potatoes and onions fried in a skillet. It is a great way to use up leftovers from a traditional meal. The combination can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It has amazing flavor and can have many variations.
Corned Beef Hash Ingredients:
- Butter: This is for the skillet and creating that crispy outside for the potatoes.
- Potatoes: Diced potatoes evenly.
- Bell Peppers: Red is my favorite and brings out some color in the potatoes.
- Onion: Chop up and add to the skillet to be cooked.
- Corned Beef: Use leftover corned beef that is already cooked.
- Italian Seasoning: So many seasonings in one bottle.
- Eggs: Make the eggs just how you prefer and add them on top of the potato blend.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a pinch!
- Red Pepper Flakes: Add a little bit of spice if you prefer.
How to Make Corned Beef Hash:
- Cook potatoes on the skillet: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sized skillet, melt butter then add diced potatoes. Cook 5-7 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and slightly crispy. Add bell peppers and onions, and cook 4-6 minutes until tender. Add the Corned beef and cook until warmed and slightly brown.
- Cook the eggs: Crack the eggs on top of the hash.
- Bake the hash in the oven: Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until eggs are set. Season with salt, pepper and pinch of red pepper flakes.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Cut and chop the potatoes evenly. This will help ensure the potatoes cook at the same time.
Tips for Making Corned Beef Hash:
- Top with scallions, parsley or Top with scallions, parsley or Top with scallions, parsley or Skillet: It is best to use a cast iron skillet or one that will go on top of the stove as well in the oven to be baked. That way you are only using one skillet for this hash recipe.
- Potatoes: Cut and chop the potatoes evenly. This will help ensure the potatoes cook at the same time. Add in sweet potatoes or red potatoes for different variations.
- Corned Beef: If you do not have corned beef as a left over, beef brisket or any left over meat will make this hash delicious.
- Seasonings: Mix and match seasonings for extra flavoring. Add cayenne pepper or paprika for more added heat.
- I recommend using a cast iron skillet, because the cast iron conducts heat better and will give you better results. If you’re not comfortable with relying on butter in the skillet, you can use a nonstick skillet.
- Garnish: Top with scallions, parsley or chives.
Here are More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Homemade Corned Beef Hash
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 cups Potatoes Diced
- 1 cup Red Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1/2 cup Onions Chopped
- 1 lb Corned Beef Cooked and Cubed
- 1 tbs Italian Seasoning
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sized skillet, melt butter then add diced potatoes. Cook 5-7 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and slightly crispy. Add bell peppers and onions, and cook 4-6 minutes until tender. Add the Corned beef and cook until warmed and slightly brown.
- Crack the eggs on top of the hash. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until eggs are set. Season with salt, pepper and pinch of red pepper flakes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.