This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad combines tender bowtie pasta with crisp celery, juicy red grapes, and slivered almonds all tossed in a creamy lemon yogurt dressing. This refreshing salad complements any dish and is perfect for even the pickiest of eaters!
I love a good pasta salad. There are so many flavors and textures and the combination is so delightful! Try out some other pasta salad recipes like this Incredible Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, this delicious Orzo Pasta Salad, and this classic Shrimp Pasta Salad.
Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad Recipe
This pasta salad comes from the sunny kitchens of Mediterranean cuisine, blending vibrant flavors and easy preparation. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or gatherings when you want a delicious meal without spending too much time cooking. Whether you need a quick and satisfying main dish or a yummy side that everyone will love, this recipe has got you covered.
Trust me when I say that you’ve got to make this recipe! It’s a crowd-pleaser that will make everyone want seconds. The tangy lemon, crispy veggies, and creamy dressing combine to create a tasty mix that will make you want seconds. Pasta salads always make delicious leftovers, and I love having it for lunch the next day!
Ingredients You Need
The ingredients in this lemon tarragon pasta salad are simple! But the key will be the fresh tarragon. You don’t want to skip out on this because it’s the ingredients that bring all of the flavors together. When it’s combined with the lemon… Well, you will just have to try it and see why I love it so much! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Bowtie Pasta: If you don’t have farfalle pasta on hand, then I would use penne pasta instead.
- Celery: This adds texture and crunch to the pasta salad
- Red Grapes: I love the juicy flavor that this brings to the salad.
- Green Onions: The onion flavor adds a savory flavor to the salad.
- Slivered Almonds: These nuts bring a delightful crunch and nutty flavor,
- Mayonnaise: You can buy it at the store, but I love my homemade recipe!
- Lemon Yogurt: The creamy lemon yogurt forms the base of the dressing, adding a tangy and refreshing element to the salad.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice enhances the zesty and citrusy flavors.
- Lemon Zest: The grated lemon really elevates the flavor.
- Dried Thyme: This adds an earthy taste to the dressing.
- Salt and Pepper: Salt and pepper enhance all of the flavors in the lemon tarragon pasta salad.
- Fresh Tarragon: This ingredient is key to this recipe.
- Honey: This is optional, so depending on the sweetness of the yogurt, honey can be added to the dressing.
How to Make Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad
This pasta salad only takes a few steps, and voila! You have a delicious side dish (or light dinner or lunch option) ready to eat! The flavors meld together perfectly. You are going to love it!
- Cook and Drain Pasta: Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking and cool down the pasta.
- Add Fruits and Veggies: Place the drained pasta in a large bowl. Add the celery, grapes, green onions, and almonds.
- Make the Dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, salt, pepper, and chopped tarragon in a medium bowl. Whisk together until smooth and combined. Depending on how sweet your yogurt is will determine if your dressing needs honey or not. I like mine on the sweeter side, so I add about one teaspoon of honey.
- Pour over Salad: Pour 3/4 of the dressing over the pasta salad. Save the rest of the dressing for right before serving. Toss well to coat. It may seem like a lot of dressing, but it will soak into the pasta as it chills.
- Chill: Chill for at least one hour and toss with the remaining dressing right before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a different type of pasta for this Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad recipe? Absolutely! While the recipe calls for bowtie pasta, you can easily substitute it with other shapes like penne or fusilli if you prefer.
- Can I use a different type of nuts instead of slivered almonds? Certainly! Feel free to experiment with other nuts like chopped walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts to give the salad a unique twist.
- Is there a way to make this recipe vegan-friendly? Absolutely! You can easily make the dressing vegan by using plant-based yogurt and vegan mayonnaise, which will still result in a deliciously creamy dressing.
- Can I use Greek yogurt instead of lemon yogurt? Sure! Greek yogurt can be a great alternative if you prefer a creamier texture, and you can add a little extra lemon juice and zest to maintain the lemony flavor.
Make this Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad recipe ahead of time and store it for an even more convenient side dish. It also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day!
- In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container or resealable bag for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces bowtie pasta, cooked and rinsed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds,
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process and cool down the pasta.
- Place the drained pasta in a large bowl. Add the celery, grapes, green onions, and almonds.
- Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, salt, pepper, and chopped tarragon in a medium bowl. Whisk together until smooth and combined. Depending on how sweet your yogurt is will determine if your dressing needs honey or not. I like mine on the sweeter side, so I add about 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Pour 3/4 of the dressing over the pasta salad. Save the rest of the dressing for right before serving. Toss well to coat. It may seem like a lot of dressing but it will soak into the pasta as it chills.
- Chill for at least one hour and toss with the remaining dressing right before serving and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.