These M&M Cookies are soft and chewy with crispy edges and loads of chocolate chips and M&Ms! Perfect for any holiday or weekend baking project!
And if you want to add some variety to your cookie stash, try these Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies, these Carmelitas (The Best Cookies Known to Man!), or these Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies! They are all favorites here.
If there is one recipe that everyone needs to perfect, it’s that perfect cookie recipe. These M&M Cookies can be adapted for any holiday using seasonal M&M’s. They also freeze perfectly which makes them the perfect treat for enjoying later, too!
Everyone has their own way of making M&M Cookies, but these right here are my perfect cookie.
They are soft in the center and chewy on the edges, with a good amount of chocolate chips and M&M’s in the batter, and a sprinkling of M&M’s pressed into the top of the cookies as they come out of the oven.
Adding M&M’s to the top of the cookies after they are baked allows us to get that perfect M&M to cookie ratio, but they also look pretty and won’t crack like they would if we added them to the top before baking.
Want to get more creative?
Try making a design with your M&M’s, spelling out first initials, using favorite colors, or making smiley faces. This is a fun way to get the kids involved, too!
How to make M&M Cookies:
These M&M Cookies start with The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!
Once you’ve found the perfect cookie base, why change it??
To these soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies we add an absurb amount of M&M’s, which is the only way, right??
- Start by creaming your butter and sugars — make sure your butter is room temperature, as it will make this job a lot easier!
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth
- Add in your dry ingredients, and beat just until combined. If it becomes too tough to do this with an electric mixer, a wooden spoon will do the trick!
- Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Scoop or roll into balls and bake — but not too long! Over baking cookies will result in dry and tough cookies, instead of soft and chewy ones.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, press additional M&M candies into the top of the cookies while they are warm. Let cool slightly before removing from the pan to cool completely.
How to store M&M Cookies:
You can store these M&M Cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 week, but I doubt they’ll last that long!
You can also freeze these cookies for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag.
More cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies (No Bake)
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- The Very Best No Bake Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- additional M&Ms for garnish if desired
- In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together cream butter and sugars with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and M&M's and stir in by hand.
- Remove from oven and let cool several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.