Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I highly recommend making this dessert for that special day. I first had this at work a long time ago and it’s currently one of my favorite treats.
This dessert is SO delicious. The different layers and textures will make your mouth so happy. The graham crackers soften up, but they don’t get soggy. The firm chocolate icing is thick and rich and PERFECT on top of the pillowy pudding layers and soft graham crackers.
It might seem like a special occasion dessert, but it’s really so easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. Since it’s so simple to make, the kids can easily help prepare it. The only thing to remember is, it needs to be refrigerated overnight, so make sure to plan in advance. This is guaranteed to be a big hit and it tastes great for several days.
No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Dessert
- 1 14.4 oz. box graham crackers (3 packages in a box)
- 2 3.4 oz. boxes French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 3/4 c. milk
- 1 8 oz. carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. 8 Tbl. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine both boxes of dry pudding mix and milk and whisk together until well combined. Fold in the thawed Cool Whip; set aside. Cover the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan with a single layer of graham crackers. Pour half of the pudding mixture over the top and spread out evenly. Cover completely with another layer of graham crackers, followed by the remaining pudding mixture and then a final layer of graham crackers. You will have to break some of the graham crackers into smaller pieces to fully cover the pudding. Refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate icing.
- For the Chocolate Icing: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cocoa until no lumps of cocoa remain. Whisk in the milk and heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla until the butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove dessert from the refrigerator and pour the hot chocolate icing over the slightly chilled dessert; spread out evenly.
- Return to the refrigerator and chill overnight. Note: Once the icing on top of the dessert has cooled, cover the baking dish with a lid, foil or plastic wrap. The following day, slice and serve. The key to getting nice clean slices is to use a sharp knife and wipe the knife clean after each cut.
Check out these other delicious recipes from Eat Cake For Dinner!