Amazing ooey gooey s’mores bars that have a layer of nutella. They are easy to make and they don’t require a campfire!
I like to think that I can make the ultimate s’more. My secret is to have the chocolate sitting on the edge of the fire getting all nice and melty. Then you have to toast the marshmallow nice and slow while the chocolate is melting. The perfect marshmallow has a crisp brown edge and is ooey gooey and perfectly melted on the inside. You haven’t made a successful ultimate s’more if it isn’t all over your face after you are done eating it. 🙂
I saw this recipe for Nutella S’mores Bars on pinterest and immediately had to make them! My kids are obsessed with Nutella and I wanted to make a fun end of the school year treat. These amazing bars blew all of us away!
These bars start with a buttery graham cracker base. It is ridiculously good! They then get filled with a layer of nutella and a layer of marshmallow. Topped with more graham cracker cookie topping. Holy cow. With my first bite I thought that these were one of the best little ooey gooey treats that I have ever made on the blog.
I couldn’t wait for my boys to get home and try them! My youngest son brought over his friend and he told him that his mom is the best cook ever. I am winning them over one treat at a time. And these are just the treat to do so! They have all of the goodness of an ooey gooey s’more without all of the hard work and campfire. You guys are going to love them just as much as we did!
Recipe adapted from The View From Great Island
Nutella S'mores Bars
- 9 sheets graham crackers
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 jar marshmallow fluff 7 oz.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker sheets until finely ground without any lumps. Combine it with the flour and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Add the graham cracker and flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of your 8x8 inch pan. Spread the nutella evenly across the bottom. Using a small spoon dollop the marshmallow fluff evenly on top of the nutella. Crumble the remaining dough on top. I would kind of pat the dough flat with my hands and lay it on top and spread it on top. Some of the marshmallow will peek through.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let them completely cool before cutting. They can still be a little warm and are amazing!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
What is a graham cracker sheet?
Graham cracker sheets are the sheets that are taken out of the bag and they can be cut into 4 sections. Hope that helps explain it better.
Wow! Just amazing. I baked it for 30 minutes because it looked great, but I wish I had left it in for 35 minutes. The parts that were a little browned were so much better. The entire thing was just delicious though. It was so easy. I do not normally have marshmallow fluff, but the rest of the ingredients are usually in my cupboard. I’d love to try this with marshmallows though since there seems to be a little waste with not using the whole jar of fluff. Not sure how long that will hold up in the fridge. Thanks for such an easy and quick recipe!
I have a sweet tooth and this recipe is simple, short and yummy, and what good images with this blog, lovely post.
Mmm..it looks very tasty!
Wondering if you can use graham cracker crumbs instead of the sheets in the food processor? If so, about how many cups of of graham cracker crumbs does this amount to?
Do they make graham cracker crumbs?? I need to find them! And yes those will work! 🙂
Yes…you can buy Graham cracker crumbs….they are usually in the baking aisle.
I tried the graham cracker crumbs before (to make a crust for cheesecake), and they were bland and stale. Lesson learned. If you do not have a food processor, use a rolling pin and make crumbs by putting the sheets in a gallon bag. It just takes a few minutes. 🙂
Does anybody know how many cups of the crumbs? The graham crackers aren’t coming in the big sheets anymore so I have no idea !!!
It is so wonderful. My kids and I love it. Its structure is so nice and beautiful. I think it is actually delicious and amazing in the first bite 🙂
Can you use regular marshmallows? I want to make these but only have the regular marshmallows in hand.
I just tried it with regular marshmallow. I used about 12 large marshmallows cut up into small pieces (each one about 3 or 4 pieces). It worked out well, but I think it tastes a little better with marshmallow fluff. The appearance is better too.