Only one pan is required to make this delicious and easy Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli and Rice! A meal that the entire family will devour!
I am a little late to the “one pan” party. I hate using more than one pan to make a meal and having a lot of dishes to do later. I don’t know why I haven’t jumped on the one pan party bus until now. I have been missing out!
I love the combination of chicken, cheese and broccoli. This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over rice is one of our favorites. I couldn’t wait to try out this one pan dish and make a similar version to one of our favorites!
This was a fantastic one pan meal that was full of flavor. Not only does it require one pan but it a hearty meal in one! It makes a lot so it was perfect for feeding my family. Everything was to love about this dish especially all of the ooey gooey cheese on top. This is one of those meals that you will make again and again for your family!
Recipe adapted from Sarcastic Cooking
One Pan Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli and Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut into cubes (about 3)
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ Cup Yellow Onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup white rice I used jasmine
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook about 5-6 minutes until no longer pink and cooked throughout. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce pan heat to medium low add onion and garlic to a pan. Saute until tender. Add the rice and continue to toast the rice about a minute or two. Pour in the chicken stock and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- After the rice has been cooking for about 8 minutes add the broccoli to the rice and put the lid back on. This will steam the broccoli.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, add salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir to combine. Add the chicken back and stir. Top with the cheese and put the lid back on for a few minutes to let the cheese melt.S Stir the melted cheese in and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.