Only one pan is required to make this delicious and easy Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli and Rice! A meal that the entire family will devour!
I am a little late to the “one pan” party. I hate using more than one pan to make a meal and having a lot of dishes to do later. I don’t know why I haven’t jumped on the one pan party bus until now. I have been missing out!
I love the combination of chicken, cheese and broccoli. This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over rice is one of our favorites. I couldn’t wait to try out this one pan dish and make a similar version to one of our favorites!
This was a fantastic one pan meal that was full of flavor. Not only does it require one pan but it a hearty meal in one! It makes a lot so it was perfect for feeding my family. Everything was to love about this dish especially all of the ooey gooey cheese on top. This is one of those meals that you will make again and again for your family!
Recipe adapted from Sarcastic Cooking
One Pan Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli and Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut into cubes (about 3)
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ Cup Yellow Onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup white rice I used jasmine
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook about 5-6 minutes until no longer pink and cooked throughout. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce pan heat to medium low add onion and garlic to a pan. Saute until tender. Add the rice and continue to toast the rice about a minute or two. Pour in the chicken stock and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- After the rice has been cooking for about 8 minutes add the broccoli to the rice and put the lid back on. This will steam the broccoli.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, add salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir to combine. Add the chicken back and stir. Top with the cheese and put the lid back on for a few minutes to let the cheese melt.S Stir the melted cheese in and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Made this for the first time last night and my family loved it. I used whole grain rice so I probably should have let that cook a bit longer before adding the broccoli. I also used minced garlic and onion powder. Delicious comfort food!
That sounds delicious! I am so glad that you loved it! Thanks so much for sharing! XOXO
I like this recipe as is, but most often I make it without the chicken, let it sit on the heat a few extra minutes at the end so the rice gets crispy crunchy on the bottom. Dynamite side dish! I’ve also been known to use smoked sausage instead of chicken. Yummy!!
This was delish! I made it last night and I will definitely be making many times over again… I hope you don’t mind, but I posted about it on my new facebook page, linking back to you of course. Thanks for the tasty recipe. Easy and tasty!
This looks simply delicious. Can’t wait to try it tonight.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was very good. Super easy. My only complaint was the link to print it only printed the title, not the whole recipe.
Add the rice? Meaning using uncooked rice? Or I have to cook the rice beforehand first?
No you use uncooked rice. 🙂
This looks so yummy! I can’t wait to try making this dish. Thanks.
In love with this recipe because I just know the whole family is going to love it. Might even marry it, you never know!!! This cheesy chix and broc looks like a dinner that’s going on the regular rotation…you know, something you make the whole week and husband gives off a happy sigh when he asks the daily question, what’s for dinner hun?
This is one of my favorite meals! Probably has to do with the cheese!