Pineapple lemonade is the ultimate summer drink! It’s the perfect combination of tart and sweet and will have you feeling like you’re on vacation.
Skip the regular party punch and try a few of these other refreshing drinks at your next summer get-together! Watermelon lemonade, Brazilian lemonade, and watermelon agua fresca are all as delicious as they are easy to make!
Homemade Pineapple Lemonade Recipe
You guys… not to be overdramatic but this pineapple lemonade is easily one of the most refreshing things I’ve ever tried. Flavored lemonades are by far my favorite drinks and I love making them for friends and family! If you’re looking for a lemonade recipe that has “wow” factor, this is it. And the best part? It uses super simple ingredients and is ready in less than 10 minutes. Nothing better than impressing guests with minimal effort!
Ever since my kids got a taste of this amazing pineapple lemonade, they’ve been requesting it all the time. It doesn’t last long at our house! The tropical pineapple flavor combined with tangy lemonade just makes it too irresistible. It’s the perfect drink for keeping you cool and refreshed all summer long! One sip and you’ll be hooked. And if you’re looking for more amazing drink recipes, find my full list here!
Everything You Will Need to Make It
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make this homemade pineapple lemonade. It’s the best summertime drink! This recipe is also great for customizing, so feel free to add other flavors, fruits, or a splash of spirits to yours! Note: all measurements can be found below in the recipe card.
Sugar: Used to sweeten the lemonade and in preparing the simple syrup.
- Water: Water is used to make the syrup and also for adjusting the flavor of your lemonade. If you want yours to be less tart, add more water to your mixture.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemon juice if you can! It will take your drink to the next level!
- Pineapple Juice: I always use Dole pineapple juice. Nothing can beat it!
- Lemon and Pineapple Slices: For picture-perfect presentation, add a few lemon or pineapple slices on top for garnish! They’ll also help to infuse flavor.
How to Make Homemade Pineapple Lemonade
Good thing this pineapple lemonade is so easy to make! If your family is anything like mine, you’ll have this delicious drink on repeat. It’s the perfect remedy for a hot day! Pair it with a crisp green salad and you’ll stay as a cool as a cucumber.
- Prepare Syrup: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat add the sugar and water. Let simmer until the sugar has dissolved about 4-5 minutes.
- Add to Pitcher: Add the syrup to pitcher or punch bowl.
- Mix in Remaining Ingredients: Pour in the lemon juice and pineapple juice. Stir in cold water. Garnish with pineapple and lemon slices if desired.
Delicious Ways to Customize Your Pineapple Lemonade
This lemonade is the perfect foundation for all of your summer drink dreams! I’ve added a few ideas below to get you started, but really, the sky is the limit!
- Make it Bubbly: Want your drink to be carbonated? Mix in Sprite until you reach your desired bubbliness and flavor.
- Make it Boozy: You can make pineapple lemonade cocktails by adding a splash of gin, vodka, or your other favorite liquor!
- Make it Fruity: Pineapple is a super versatile flavor and will pair well with just about any fruit! Adding fruit syrups or purées is a great way to add in an extra boost of juicy flavor. Mango, strawberry, and blueberry are my favorites to add to this delicious pineapple lemonade!
How Long Does Pineapple Lemonade Last in the Fridge?
You can keep your pineapple lemonade in the refrigerator for about 2 days, preferably in an airtight pitcher to preserve its amazing flavor. Your lemonade can also be frozen for up to 2 months, just make sure whatever airtight container you store it in has room for it to expand!
Tip: Pineapple lemonade also makes amazing popsicles! Simply pour it into your mold, freeze, and then you have a quick and easy treat for you or the kids.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups water more if you want less tart
- lemon and pineapple slices for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat add the sugar and water. Let simmer until the sugar has dissolved about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the syrup to the pitcher.
- Add in the lemon juice and pineapple juice. Stir in the water. Garnish with lemons and pineapple slices if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.