This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This Copycat Chick fil A Lemonade is just what you need to quench your summertime thirst! Super easy it’s a sweet n’ tart drink that is so refreshing!
Homemade Copycat Chick fil A Lemonade
If you have been to Chick fil A then you know all about their amazing and famous lemonade! I have been ordering it when I go ever since I was little. And my obsession with Chick fil A is not a secret. This is the reason why I have so many delicious copycat recipes on my blog. Seriously, try the copycat Chicken Sandwich, Chick fil A Sauce, and Nuggets! YUM!
Lemons are one of my favorite fruits to cook and bake with. Several of my most popular recipes contain lemons. Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce, Creamy Lemon Piccata, and Glazed Lemon Brownies. And those are just a few of them. It is an ingredient that just brightens and freshens up any recipe you use it in. And now you can use lemons to create the best thirst quenching drink around! And you do not have to hit the drive thru to get it! It is honestly one of the BEST lemonades that I have had!
What You Need For Easy Chick Fil A Lemonade
Pretty simple and straightforward, you’ll be sipping on lemonade in no time.
- Lemon Juice: This is fresh squeezed, depending on the size of your lemons about 7-8 lemons
- Sugar: White, sweet sugar will balance the tartness of the lemons.
- Water: To thin it all out and pour a glass. Use ice cold water if you can.
How To Make The Real Copycat Chick Fil A Lemonade
Making homemade fresh lemonade is so easy and taste so much better than the frozen stuff, you’ll be making it daily. It’s just that delicious!
- Dissolve: In a large pitcher pour the lemon juice and sugar together. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add: Pour in the ice cold water and stir to combine.
- Chill it: Place in the refrigerator till ready to serve.
Tips For The Best Lemonade
- How to Pick Lemons: It can seem complicated, but when you know what to look for, you’ll be an expert. Look for lemons that seem heavy when you hold it in your hands. Also look for thin skin, that is firm and has a fine texture to the peel. It should be a deep yellow color. The heavier the fruit and thinner the skin the more juice it will have.
- Where should I store Lemons? It is so tempting to decorate your counter with fresh fruit in a pretty bowl. Just leave the lemons out. If left at room temperature the skins can become tough and the lemons can actually dry out. Keep your lemons in the fridge.
- Juicing Tip: Cut and quarter your lemons and then microwave them for about 30 seconds. This helps the lemons release more of its juice.
- Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of lemons? I would say if you weren’t making lemonade, yes you could. But for the best tasting and refreshing lemonade, use fresh lemons. It just won’t be the same otherwise.
- Intensify the Flavor: Add the zest of one lemon to the sugar syrup for even more of that citrus flavor without adding too much more zing.
Variations For Fresh Lemonade
Lemonade is versatile, you can add, customize and truly make it your own. So go for it! Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Fruit: Lemons and fruit were made for each other. Try Strawberry Lemonade, Pomegranate, Blueberry, Raspberry and Watermelon Lemonades. Add lime juice for a lemon lime twist.
- Fizzy: Instead of plain water add your favorite sparkling water for a bit of bubbly. This makes a great substitute for soda in the summer. You still get that fizzy texture, but it is healthier for you.
- Freeze it: Use this to make your own Lemonade pops or a refreshing slushy drink like this Frozen Strawberry Lemonade!
Storing Copycat Lemonade
- Refrigerate: Lemonade will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge. You will want to make sure it is good and cold for serving, so do not remove from fridge till ready to serve.
- Ice or No Ice: Leave the ice cubes out of the pitcher, and only add ice to glasses. This way you won’t water down your lemonade. You want to keep the nice sweet and tart balance.
More Thirst Quenching Drinks!
There is nothing quite like being able to quench a good thirst. When you reach for something cold to drink you want it to taste amazing too! Well I have the just recipes for you. So when the thirst strikes, or you need a fabulous drink to go with your dinner, or you just want to be adventurous, these tried and true are for you! Just thinking about these gets me thirsty.
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Brazilian Lemonade
- The Best Ever Horchata
- Homemade Pina Colada
- The Best Homemade Root Beer
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Copycat Chick fil A Lemonade
- 1 3/4 cup lemon juice about 7-8 large lemons, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups cold water
- In a large pitcher, mix sugar and lemon juice until blended. Add the cold water and mix. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.