Porcupine Meatballs are hearty and well seasoned meatballs with rice that simmer in a rich tomato sauce. This is a family recipe passed down from my grandma and I know that your family will love it too!
Oh porcupine meatballs. How I love you.
This was a recipe that my grandmother used to cook for my mom. My mom would make it for us all of the time and now I make it for my family! These kind of “tried and true” recipes that are passed down are the very best. So many memories come back to me when I make these for my family. I remember how excited we would all get when my mom was making porcupine meatballs for dinner. I loved to help her in the kitchen and make the little meatballs. As soon as they were done, they were devoured by our family in a matter of minutes.
I love using McCormick spices because they are such high quality and add such amazing flavor to your dish. McCormick has been around since 1889. I remember looking in my grandmothers cabinets and seeing the red caps in her cupboards. My mom uses them in her cooking and now I use them in mine. It is a company that I can stand behind and know and love.
Now is the time to keep your cupboards stocked with all of your favorite McCormick spices. We are entering in the cozy comfort food season full of casseroles, soups, and slow cooker meals.
I am always using garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and tons of cinnamon throughout the year. And McCormick has so many other amazing quality spices that I love to use as well.
These porcupine meatballs are well seasoned with McCormick spices to bring out amazing flavor. The rice in the meatball which give it the porcupine name add such a delicious texture. They simmer in a rich tomato sauce and cook to perfection.
These are some of the best little meatballs that you are going to eat. They are a family favorite of ours and I know that they will become a family favorite at your house as well!
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
Hearty and well seasoned meatballs with rice that simmer in a rich tomato sauce. This is a family recipe passed down from my grandma and I know that your family will love it too!
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can condensed tomato soup 10 3/4 oz, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium sized bowl combine meat, rice, egg, parsley, onion, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt and 1/4 cup tomato soup. Mix thoroughly and shape into about 20 meatballs and place in a skillet.
- Mix remaining soup, water and worchestershire sauce. Pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 35-40 minutes stirring often.