This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Sausage rolls are perfectly flaky, savory, and absolutely delicious! The best appetizer or snack, these sausage rolls will for sure be a hit among your party guests!
Whether you dip them or eat them plain, these sausage rolls are SOO GOOD. In fact, if you love these sausage rolls then go ahead and try these other appetizers like these Sliders, Smokies, or these yummy Meatballs.
Sausage Rolls are the BEST
I love food that is a mini snack that I can stack up on my plate! These sausage rolls are the perfect bite-sized appetizer that you can load up on or only eat a few and save room for other yummy treats! With the perfect flaky crust and a bold sausage in the center, it’s the perfect combination! You can eat them plain or dip them in some ketchup. No matter what you do, you won’t be able to stop at just one!
These sausage rolls are so simple and easy to make and are SOO delicious! The sausage is perfectly seasoned with mild flavorings that have a bold taste. The outside is a textured and flaky roll that falls apart in your mouth when you take a bite! They are not your typical appetizer so I love bringing these to a party to surprise my guests! In fact, host your own party and start out with some Creamy Chicken Alfredo Dip, Corn Fritters, and Sticky Honey Garlic Wings and you will have a party to remember! These sausage rolls are so delicious and will for sure be a hit!
What’s IN Sausage Rolls?
These sound complicated but are so easy to make! Using only a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand, you will be eating these yummy sausage rolls in no time! See the recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- Ground sausage: You will obviously need this to make sausage rolls!
- Italian breadcrumbs: regular breadcrumbs work but the Italian breadcrumbs will give it that added flavor!
- Eggs: I like to use eggs that are at room temperature before cooking so that they mix better!
- Garlic cloves: If you dont have any fresh garlic cloves on hand them you can use the minced garlic from your fridge! 1/2 tsp equals one clove of garlic.
- Paprika: A sweet spice that will add in a mild flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce: Even though most people can’t say the name of this sauce, it is a MUST in this recipe and has a great flavor!
- Salt and pepper: Used to season your recipe.
- Frozen puff pastry: I get mine out to thaw about an hour or two to thaw before I plan to cook.
Let’s Get Cooking!
These sausage rolls only take about 20 minutes from start to finish! They are so simple and easy to make, you will go crazy over them!
- Preheat oven and mix: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl mix together sausage, bread crumbs, one egg, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
- Cut: Cut the sheet of puff pastry into 3 sections.
- Make egg wash and brush it on: Create an egg wash using 1 egg and 2 Tablespoons water and whisk. Brush on the inside of the pastry.
- Add in meat and fold into pastry: Take 1/4 cup of the meat and line the sausage down the center of the puff pastry. Fold the puff pastry over the meat and take a fork to pinch the seams shut. Brush the outside of the puff pastry with remaining egg wash.
- Cut and put on baking sheet: Cut the puff pastry into two inch pieces and lay onto a baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
These sausage rolls are so easy and delicious to make! I have a few tips that will help make this baking process seamless!
- Don’t overfill or wrap too tight: You don’t want these bursting open! When I am filling these up, I like to make sure that I have plenty of room to fold over the pasty and seal them up with my fork. Brushing them with the eggwash on top will act like a glue that will help hold them together!
- To keep them from being dry: When you are putting the meat ingredients together, don’t over work it. Mix it up just enough to get all of the ingredients evenly spread. If you overmix the meat, these will turn out dry.
- How to know when they are done: The outside will be flaky and golden brown and the inside shoule bet at 165 degrees farenheit!
- Choose a lower-fat sausage: If your sausage rolls turned out soggy, it’s probably because of the amount of fat in them. They have higher amounts of oil and liquid. Try and get sausage that has a lower fat content and this will help prevent that from happening!
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
Yes! This is a great option when you want to have these on hand for a quick appetizer or snack! You can freeze these either cooked or uncooked but uncooked will last longer in your freezer! Follow the normal instructions on how to put them together. Then, place them on a baking sheet (not touching each other) in the freezer for about 1-2 hours until frozen. Take them out and place them in a labeled ziplock bag or sealed container. They can last in your freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them in your fridge and cook as directed on the recipe card. Or, you can cook them from frozen and change the cooking time to 30-40 minutes instead!
How to Store Leftovers
If you happen to have a few extra of these leftovers, then you can store them and eat them later! They are SOO good and make a great snack the next day!
- Refrigerate: Once your sausage rolls hae cooled, store them in an airtight container. Place them in the fridge and they can last there for about 2-3 days!
- Reheat: To reheat the sausage rolls, Preheat oven to 425 degrees and cook them for about 10 minutes or until heated through. You can heat these up in the microwave but they will be soggy.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Simple and Delicious Sausage Rolls
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl mix together sausage, bread crumbs, one egg, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry into 3 sections.
- Create an egg wash using 1 egg and 2 Tablespoons water and whisk. Brush on the inside of the pastry.
- Take 1/4 cup of the meat and line the sausage down the center of the puff pastry. Fold the puff pastry over the meat and take a fork to pinch the seams shut. Brush the outside of the puff pastry with the remaining egg wash.
- Cut the puff pastry into two-inch pieces and lay onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.