Shrimp Avocado Taco Salad is full of fresh avocados, tomatoes, red onions, black beans and corn. The shrimp cook in a blend of delicious taco seasonings. Serve it with some tortilla chips and this salad is unforgettable!
I have almost made it to the end of my pregnancy guys. I have been buying stuff like crazy trying to prepare and looking in her little room makes me so excited for her arrival! I feel like the last part goes by so slow and I have been so uncomfortable. But luckily keeping extremely busy has helped.
This last part of my pregnancy I have been craving salads like crazy. It is probably a good thing to help keep the weight in the end under control. This salad right here is absolutely incredible. I mean seriously! It is made with fresh and delicious ingredients and the flavor is out of this world!
The shrimp take only minutes to cook in a delicious blend of taco seasonings. Then you create the salad. I think avocado is a necessary part to almost any salad because it is a personal favorite. But add in some crisp romaine, tomatoes, red onion, black beans, and corn and you have a mouthwatering salad.
When I originally had made this salad, I made it with a salsa ranch dressing. Don’t get me wrong, that dressing is delicious. But as soon as I started eating the salad, it didn’t need the dressing! All of the fresh ingredients and spices from the shrimp made it so flavorful that you didn’t need dressing. So I will include the recipe for the dressing I made but it is delicious even without it!
I know that you are going to love this salad just as much as I did!
Shrimp Avocado Taco Salad
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 pound medium sized shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup yellow corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 2 large avocados diced
- Juice of one lime
Salsa Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the oil and shrimp. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and chili powder. Sauté the shrimp until it turns pink about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion, corn, black beans, cilantro, and avocado and lime juice. Mix until combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips and salsa ranch dressing if desired.