This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Slow cooker angel chicken is a quick and easy weeknight meal that your family will request all the time! Tender chicken cooked in a creamy Italian-flavored sauce and served on a bed of angel hair pasta.
I love slow cooker meals that I can throw in a crockpot and go on with my day! Any time I slow cook chicken, it turns out so juicy and shreds perfectly. This slow cooker angel chicken reminds me of a few of my other favorite crock pot recipes. You have to try this Olive Garden chicken pasta recipe and slow cooker crack chicken too, but soup in the slow cooker is always a favorite of mine.
What Is Slow Cooker Angel Chicken?
This slow cooker angel chicken will easily become your new favorite meal! The cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and butter make the most incredible creamy sauce for your chicken to cook in all day. The delicious flavors from the Italian seasoning make this dish unforgettable!
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it only takes 5 minutes to put together! Then, it cooks all day and you don’t have to do a thing! Serve it with some broccoli, green beans, or some easy garlic bread and you have a meal to remember! My kids love this recipe so much that they want to just eat it straight out of the crockpot! Go ahead and give it a try! You and your family are going to love it!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
This recipe only uses 8 easy-to-find ingredients! But the best part is that it takes 5 minutes to put together. I love that the ingredients will keep in the pantry and fridge until I’m ready to make it. It truly is one of the best meals to plan ahead for those busy nights. See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: Use fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: Anything with cream cheese is AMAZING! It makes the sauce so creamy and delicious.
- Butter: Because everything is better with butter.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: The flavor and trick to the creamy sauce!
- Garlic: Adds great flavor to this dish.
- Chicken Broth: Chicken broth helps combine all the ingredients together and add moisture.
- Dry Italian Dressing Mix: Make sure to grab the dry dressing mix, not bottled. It adds the BEST flavor to this meal.
- Angel Hair Pasta: Cook up the pasta right before serving! I love angel hair pasta because it cooks so fast. You can also serve it over rice or potatoes!
Let’s Make Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
This crockpot angel chicken recipe is really a set-it-and-forget-it kind of meal! It’s so easy to put in the slow cooker before you get on with your day. Then it’s ready for your family when you get home! I can’t wait for you to try it!
- Add Chicken to Slow Cooker: Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Use a slow cooker liner if you would like.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, cream of chicken soup, garlic, chicken broth, and dry Italian dressing mix. Whisk or use an electric hand mixer to blend all of your ingredients together.
- Pour Over Chicken: Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook: Cover the slow cooker with the lid then cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Cook Pasta: Cook the angel hair pasta according to package instructions.
- Shred Chicken and Serve: Shred the chicken and serve over angel hair pasta. I like to garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes!
Tips for Cooking with a Crockpot
Using a crockpot is easy but try out these tips and it will make cooking with one even easier! You may never go back to cooking on your stove again! This slow cooker angel chicken is the perfect place to start!
- Keep the Lid ON: I know it’s tempting to want to take the lid off and check on your food! But a crockpot is designed to do its thing with the lid ON. Keep the lid on and don’t let out all of that heat that has been built up! Just look through the glass and trust your recipe!
- Preheat Your Crockpot: A lot of people don’t do this and it really is a step that should always be taken. Turn your crockpot on to the correct setting about 20 minutes before you plan on putting your food in it. You can just turn it on while you prep your food!
- Spray It: If you spray your slow cooker with cooking spray before you put your food in, then your cleanup will be so much easier! This helps so that your food doesn’t stick to the sides. Trust me, it’s an easy step that you will appreciate doing later!
How to Store Leftovers
If you thought this slow cooker angel chicken tasted good on the first day, then wait until you try the leftovers. They are SOO GOOD and so perfect for lunch the next day. My kids fight over the leftovers!
- In the Refrigerator: Once the angel chicken has cooled then you can place it in an airtight container in your fridge. It will last for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat leftover angel chicken in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until it is warmed through.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 package dry Italian dressing mix
- 10 oz angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, cream of chicken soup, garlic, chicken broth, and dry Italian dressing mix. Whisk or use an electric hand mixer to blend all of your ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid then cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to package instructions.
- Shred the chicken and serve over angel hair pasta.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.