This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
The slow cooker does ALL of the work in this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie, so it’s perfect for families on busy nights. If you’re looking for more slow cooker recipes, check out Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken, this Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken Tacos, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili, and this Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie?
- Prepare vegetables and seasonings: Add chopped carrots, celery, red potatoes, onion, garlic, dried thyme, salt and chicken stock to the slow cooker.
- Cook the chicken breasts: Layer chicken breasts on top and let the mixture cook for four hours.
- Shred chicken: Using a fork or beaters shred your chicken in the crock pot.
- Whisk together: heavy cream, melted butter, and flour in a small bowl. Add the mixture along with the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
- Cook in the slow cooker: Cook another 45 minutes to an hour or until the filling has thickened.
- Bake the biscuits: While the chicken pot pie filling thickens, bake the biscuits in the oven.
- Serve: Spoon the filling into bowls and top with flaky biscuits.
Can I use chicken thighs in place of breasts in this recipe?
Can I use milk or half and half instead of cream?
Can I add different vegetables??
What sides can I make with Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie?
- Strawberry, Apple and Pear Salad with Apple Cider Poppy Seed Dressing
- Christmas Fruit Salad
- Bacon Pear Gorgonzola Salad
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups quartered baby red potatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 medium breasts)
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 8 ct. package southern-style biscuits
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- Add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, 1 tsp salt, thyme, bay leaf and chicken stock to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Season chicken a little bit on both sides with salt and pepper. Nestle the chicken breasts in the veggie mixture. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, take the chicken out and shred. Put pack into the pot.
- Add the butter and cream to a liquid measuring cup. Microwave in 30-second increments until the butter has melted and the cream is warm. Slowly whisk in the flour. Add butter cream, and flour mixture back to the slow cooker along with remaining salt. Stir to combine. Cover and cook another 45 minutes to an hour until mixture has thickened and veggies are tender.
- After you put the flour and cream mixture back into the slow cooker, preheat oven to 375 degrees, Cook biscuits according to package instructions.
- After the mixture has thickened, add frozen peas. Stir to combine and cook another 4-5 minutes until peas are thawed. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling into bowls. Place biscuits on top. Serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.